TripIt v. TripCase v. Anything else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TripIt v. TripCase v. Anything else?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
My trip in May is unable to be incorporated. Even when I try to do it manually it says that flight cannot be seen. It is an AC flight. When I share the link it goes to the inbox in trip case but does not show at all in the Trip.

any help would be much appreciated.

thank you
Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:03 pm

I have installed Tripit and it seems to work well. Is it worth to get the Pro?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:39 am

TripIt Pro gives you alerts, flight notifications, gate info, etc. I usually just use and rely on the individual airline apps for that info and relevant notifications, so I don't think it's worth it.

I've been using TripIt free since 2011. Great to have all my trips organized in one location, it syncs as a calendar, you can share plans, etc. It's great and simple to use. I like scrolling through and remembering past trip itineraries, which can be fun to do (a different experience than scrolling through past photos).

I'd like to find a reliable way to back the itineraries up. You just never know if an app or service will be around in 10, 20, 30 years. Whenever something better comes along, I hope they find a way to export the info to the new app.
Davvidd likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:21 pm

I could not get trip case to even load my trip as they used to do. So now the free version on TripIT and so far it looks good. I will see how it goes and report here.
Old May 13, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by rebelancap
TripIt Pro gives you alerts, flight notifications, gate info, etc. I usually just use and rely on the individual airline apps for that info and relevant notifications, so I don't think it's worth it.
Back in the Before Times, I found that TripIt would often tell me of delays/problems sooner than the Delta app would. That extra 10 minutes was often a lifesaver to beat the rush

There is a floating group of us that travel to Europe each fall. Everybody books their own flights and we are flying in from all over the US (and Canada) so TripIt Pro has been helpful in notifying me if somebody has had a delay en route (so I can contact the hotel on their behalf). That was really valuable back before everybody had a smart phone (there are a couple of luddites in the group that still are without a mobile phone!)

For me the $49 is worth it (but I still remember when the Barkley Arrival Card include a Pro membership) but as always, you milage will likely vary...
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:17 pm

Do any of the tripit alternatives track fare changes so when prices go down you can rebook at the new price? TripIt Pro claims to offer this, but I'm a TripIt Pro subscriber (through a company) and it's mostly useless - imports of emailed confirmations often don't pick up prices (and they often don't let you edit a flight; I have no idea what's the trigger for allowing edits and not allowing edits) and tripit thinks there's a $125 change fee for Alaska Airlines flights (that's obsolete; changes are mostly free for everyone).
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:04 pm

TripIt is also useless. At least Trip Case initially was doing on its own. Now it also does not work. For a one sector trip TripIt works but the moment you want to add on then it is useless.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
i use tripcase since ever (well, 2017) and I think it does its job. but it really depends what you need - I just want an 'agenda' with all the flights, hotels etc. for the upcoming trips and a reminder of all the trips I've done.
for that, it's top.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Hi folks

quick 2022 update about this topic

About 1 year and a half ago i made this review for tripcase vs checkmytrip

Now its time for new review

All previous comments still apply i will just add new updates and one more competitor = Appintheair

Long story short = things arent going better with checkmytrip , tripcase is more or less stable , appintheair seems promising and i miss google trips , RIP my fella

Checkmytrip is going into a direction i dont like ( trying to focus more on pushing you to purchase 3rd party services rather than doing the core job. the app went under a UX/UI redesign , which is not bad but i dont like it cause instead of fixing what wasnt working they just added new bugs as others reported here in this flyertalk thread

Since then 3 new issues appeared in checkmytrips

- 1°) merged trips = every trip edited/created manually will be tagged as merged , which is completely stupid

- 2°) mail forwarding = now you can barely add a trip correctly by forwarding emails (also with tripcase but less often) , the error rate is way higher than in 2020 , in fact its so high i almost gave up on this , especially for multi segments trips

- 3°) Notifications = too much notifications , most have mothing to do with your trip , things like "hey , you arrived in XXXXX , right ??" , lounge purchase or tourist activities through 3rd parties . Even for deleted trips , so it is ridiculous

As advised in 2020 , i dont do copy/paste of my bookings to avoid including sensitive data , before it used to work 66% of the time after 1 or two shots , but not anymore ... It looks like i need to recreate itinerary in ITA matrix and then extract/transform/send data , its a waste of time

I found another flaw for both = it seems their IATA/ICAO databse is outdated and not complete , so some small regional airlines are missing

Tripcase dont have logos of some major players ( i know i am picky but if you start something do it until the end)

One small bug i discovered with checkmytrip recently = If you fly a route with stops under the same flightcode and your screen is not big enough , you wont be able to select segments , so on a phone it might not work but a tablet will probably do the job

About this new player = appintheair , its a nice complement , of course not perfect . The three main problems i have

- you cant create account in appintheair directly , you need an external account to use it (google/facebook/etc...) while you can avoid it , it is mandatory if you use more than one device, you can also use your tripit account , it essentially pull data from tripit everytime
- The UX/UI is nice but there are many bugs , if you create a mutli-segments trip in tripit , then you have to merge it manually in appintheair application , but 33% of the time merging doesnt work
- Sometimes import from tripit fail cause of data , so you need to correct it in tripit manually, as appintheair is essentially a front-end and tripit is a backend

Summary = i wanna keep all 4 apps in order to get better overview , however if checkmytrip continue their race to the bottom , i might say goodbye
Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA: EXP Delta: DM
Happy TripIt Pro user for several years now. Some improvements needed, but all in all works well.

Didn't see mention of Flighty in this thread? I use it as well, like it enough to have purchased an annual subscription.

https://www.flightyapp.com

*iOS only

Last edited by Igene; Jul 18, 2022 at 10:38 pm
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:55 am

TripCase used to be good then after the pandemic I saw that it would not be automatically incorporated into your trip when you share your booking. I am going to have a look at Flighty now. Flighty is a flight tracker only and not for the fit bookings?

Last edited by Davvidd; Jul 19, 2022 at 7:14 am
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:13 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Igene
Didn't see mention of Flighty in this thread? I use it as well, like it enough to have purchased an annual subscription.
We have a thread discussing Flighty:In addition, you have started another thread that prominently mentioned Flighty.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Tripcase has lost two of my itineraries with air/hotel/car/etc tonight alone. I have a flighty subscription but it is basically a niche pretty app that doesn't provide complete functionality I'm looking for. Is there a premium/paid alternative these days? I used to use TripIt Pro ~10 years ago, has it improved since then?
Old Jan 26, 2024, 5:24 am

Using Tripsy on iOS - it's not perfect but it's very very good
Old Jan 26, 2024, 2:27 pm

I went back to Tripcase and it seems to work with the major western airlines but not the LCC in Asia like Air Asia. It does to recognize the Booking reference code. I will try the Tripsy then. I am willing to pay if I find a good one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.