TripIt v. TripCase v. Anything else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TripIt v. TripCase v. Anything else?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like my needs are a little different from yours. I also use Flight Update (and I do like its integration with TripIt - forgot about that benefit of TripIt). But I'm not primarily concerned with flight status. I'm more concerned with the overall list of plans - flights, yes, but also hotels, rental cars, tours, dinner reservations, etc.

AppInTheAir looks good for strict flight info, but that's not my primary concern.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cozmo456
Try Kayak.
For some reason, I thought they had discontinued this feature. Maybe it was just the Pro version of the app that they discontinued.

In any event, I'll give it a shot.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I would like a moment of silence for Worldmate Gold. I started using it back in '09 and was grandfathered in as a lifetime member to their new subscription model.

I've been using TripCase, but with the AA issues it doesn't work as well.
JDiver and David Zimet like this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are the AA issues with TripCase only when you let it pull your info from its back-end? Or do they have problems with emailed AA itineraries?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by josephstern
Are the AA issues with TripCase only when you let it pull your info from its back-end? Or do they have problems with emailed AA itineraries?
Only when having it pull the information from the PNR; email works fine, but doen't give full functionality. I believe it only affects AA booked itineraries as well. So, if you book via a coporate TA or OTA, your Sabre PNR should work correctly.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
For some reason, I thought they had discontinued this feature. Maybe it was just the Pro version of the app that they discontinued.

In any event, I'll give it a shot.
I went through what you are describing a while ago and settled on Kayak. EMail the confirmations for flights, hotels, cars etc.

Everything aggregated. Merges with my calendar and they have a mobile app.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Heaven knows I'd love to find something to replace TripIt, but for all of its quirks it mostly does its job. Mostly.

My main issue with using TripIt is that when something is technically wrong it takes me dozens of emails (often with supporting screen shots) to convince the TripIt people that I DO know how to use their app. When I say that something isn't there, it really, really isn't there.

My most recent back/forth with them was when they imported a trip and transposed the dates on the trip so that instead of showing (for instance) from Sept 8 to Sept 11, it imported the trip as August 9 until November 9. They told me that I created the trip incorrectly, until I pointed out that this particular trip was created when they imported my flight info. Then it was hah, hah, oopsie on their end.

Here's hoping that there are more positive reviews of TripCase here. I'd love to find a better alternative!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, in my testing so far with trips in all three (TripIt, TripCase, and Kayak) I'm really preferring Kayak by far.

It's faster, uses space better on all screens, and has better design, to me.

There's also something about the navigation of both TripIt and TripCase that bug me, where Kayak gets me where I need to be faster.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, Velocity
I am a firm fan of tripcase... its Free, does everything I need and its latest app has an inbox where I can keep emails for things like travel insurance details, car parking permits numbers etc.
Manually merging trips is easy, and the updates push to my phone quite happily. I like the share trip with others feature as well. This is particularly useful when i am organising a trip with Mum. I can sort the flights/accommodation/tours etc then email her the completed itn. She prints it out and has a hard copy (her preference as she doesn't have a smart device) and I can run most of the holiday off the phone/iPad.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:43 pm

I am a Tripit fan. I tried TripCase long-time ago, so they may be improving it a lot. Will definitely try for my upcoming trip.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try Kayak too.

Just flew Southwest, and Kayak texted me a minute before T-24. Pretty helpful.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: AC E50K, HHonors Silver, NEXUS/GE, IHG Elite Gold
Have used TripIt and TripCase - love TripCase. Send all my itineraries to [email protected] and loads into my profile. I can merge trips, edit info, share with others but most importantly syncs to my Outlook calendar on my computer and my mobile devices. For a free app it is indispensable.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:39 am

I'm a fan of Amadeus CheckMyTrip (https://www.checkmytrip.com) for simply checking flight updates, itinerary info and basic other stuff (seat map, weather).

App works quite nicely, and there's a web interface too.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:26 pm

I've been using TripIt for many, many years. I had Pro back when Barclays covered that cost.
Every time I've tried to dump TripIt before (Kayak, Google Trips, a few others I can't remember) I've humbly come running back. I'm hoping this is the big switchover.
Originally Posted by Cozmo456
Try Kayak.
@Cozmo456: Op's already tried Kayak.

@josephstern: What issues did you face with Kayak?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m fully on Kayak again now and really liking it.

I don’t remember what problems I had now, but that was back in the Kayak Pro days.

Today, I find it to be the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.