Community
Wiki Posts
Search

logmyflight.net - New personal flight logger

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Any further comment on how this compares to my.flightradar? I rather not start from scratch unless this is the best alternative.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by lsquare
Any further comment on how this compares to my.flightradar? I rather not start from scratch unless this is the best alternative.
my.flightradar is by far the most simple to use tracker I've come across, given it automatically pulls in the reg details and the user interface is slick. But another reason it's so easy is that it records a minimal amount of data. For the average person it's great!

logmytrip tracks so much more though, from gate numbers and runways used, sequence numbers and ticket prices, as well as the ability to add your own personal / private reviews & notes to elements, such as whether you liked a particular seat on a certain aircraft, or photos of the plane, airport or trip. There's even the ability to upload a copy of the boarding pass. Combine this with graphs for every data set and lots of 'awards' to earn it becomes more than just a simple log. Far more detail than anyone really needs in life, but if you're a data geek you'll love it!
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stevebintley
my.flightradar is by far the most simple to use tracker I've come across, given it automatically pulls in the reg details and the user interface is slick. But another reason it's so easy is that it records a minimal amount of data. For the average person it's great!

logmytrip tracks so much more though, from gate numbers and runways used, sequence numbers and ticket prices, as well as the ability to add your own personal / private reviews & notes to elements, such as whether you liked a particular seat on a certain aircraft, or photos of the plane, airport or trip. There's even the ability to upload a copy of the boarding pass. Combine this with graphs for every data set and lots of 'awards' to earn it becomes more than just a simple log. Far more detail than anyone really needs in life, but if you're a data geek you'll love it!
How do I go back and search for gate numbers and runways used?
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:33 am

How do I go back and search for gate numbers and runways used?
I haven't found a way to actively search those details within the site, but I often export my whole account as a CSV and then can do all sorts of searching via standard Excel actions.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't found a way to actively search those details within the site, but I often export my whole account as a CSV and then can do all sorts of searching via standard Excel actions.
I never log anything like gate numbers to begin with. So how do I go back and search for something like that from 10 years ago?
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:49 am

I never log anything like gate numbers to begin with. So how do I go back and search for something like that from 10 years ago?
Ahh I see misunderstood. I haven't found a way to historically get gate numbers, but runway use at LHR and LGW can be found at lhr-lgw.co.uk
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:13 am

I wouldn't stress about old Gate numbers, runways, departure time etc. Enter what you have, then going forward (if you want to) make an effort to capture the more obscure data elements if they are important to you.

There are resources out there for some limited historical data, but its very time consuming with diminished returns.
lsquare and stevebintley like this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I had trouble trying to import by data as My.FlightRadar24 was messing up and neither Flightradar24 or LogMyFlight was able to import any data from TripIt. I've also tried using TripExporter to download the data from TripIt, but neither site was able to parse the data properly.

In the end, the only way to import the data is to go to OpenFlight and import trips from TripIt. Then export the data and import it to FlightRadar24. Export the data the FlightRadar24 and import it into LogMyFlight

Last edited by GateGuardian; Nov 26, 2021 at 12:59 pm
Old Mar 26, 2022, 5:43 am

How far fetched would it be to add a third section to the site, for train travel?! I’m no where no as geeky as I am with flights, but the ability to log total trips, durations, distances, stations visited, delays, costs etc all still applies and would be interesting. There’s plenty of people into train logging so could provide a good place to store all their data, and a map of routes would just be icing on the cake! I’m only thinking for the UK, but I guess it could apply globally too…
Old Mar 28, 2022, 7:11 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

How far fetched would it be to add a third section to the site, for train travel?! I’m no where no as geeky as I am with flights, but the ability to log total trips, durations, distances, stations visited, delays, costs etc all still applies and would be interesting. There’s plenty of people into train logging so could provide a good place to store all their data, and a map of routes would just be icing on the cake! I’m only thinking for the UK, but I guess it could apply globally too…
I'm a bit of a metro system anorak myself, and have a ticket from every system that I've used (including Pyongyang)! It would be nifty to have a site that could keep track of this piddling nonsense.

OK, self-aggrandizement over.
stevebintley likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: LH M+M
Fetching flight data via "operated as" goes a bit funky? I can more or less type whatever I want and it'll load the default overview page after pausing typing for a fraction of a second or so.

bit too dynamic in the loading?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:29 am

Just curious... I don't think I would make use of a tool like this, just to avoid giving info to a 3rd party. Looks like there is some user base after 5 years and wonder whether users notice any negatives from having your data shared, email spam etc. When I look at the terms and conditions I see :

You hereby grant to Logmytrip an irreversible, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use and exploit your User Content, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing rights, solely for the purposes of including your User Content in the Site. You hereby irreversibly waive any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content

Not sure what that means but giving personal info, email and for some credit card info and then details of trips I took is a little iffy for me. Maybe I am getting paranoid in my old age.
TBD likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: LH M+M
You're hereby entitled to give away what you want - and not more. Check back your next hotel stay?

Cant say that email addresses have been passed (spam) and also certainly not along CC data. I use this service since ... very early days.

And the "massive" grant... just think about the other way round when those "let's sue the heck out of everybody" when one would think that publically displaying some info would mean that the site is making profits and now they want to "participate" and so on and on. It's kinda a reverse disclaimer so to speak?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:41 pm

Logmyflight

Hi,

I just found out about this thread about logmyflight and tried the website for myself and it does seem to be amazing !
I have tried many different flight loggers in the past and none came even close to offering the same amount of functionalities.
One of the airports I reached was not in the database, so I reached out to the owner and got it added in a few hours.

Thanks for the tip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.