Search

How to get GDS access?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2020, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
Exclamation How to get GDS access?

Hi everyone,

I'm a developer and I've create several tools (not published) that allow to search for Star Alliance awards by utilizing websites of several airlines.

I would like to go deeper though and find interesting flights and fares, but for that I need access to Amadeus, Galileo or a similar GDS. I find the process for that to be quite intransparent.

Can someone tell me whether its possible at all for someone without a travel agency to get access and if so, how expensive that will be?

If someone is interested in cooperation for interesting projects you can PM me as well.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 11, 2020, 12:00 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
SABRE Remote Individual User Plan

What's the most popular GDS and access to it?

Last edited by TWA884; May 11, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Old May 11, 2020, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
Unfortunately the Individual User Plan is not available for Germans, and the other post is quite old.
Old May 11, 2020, 2:17 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Alisamix
Unfortunately the Individual User Plan is not available for Germans, and the other post is quite old.
It may be old, however, Nexion still offers GDS access. I have no idea if their services are available outside the US.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by TWA884
It may be old, however, Nexion still offers GDS access. I have no idea if their services are available outside the US.
Nexion is one of the largest travel agent host agencies in North America.

GDS access is only available as an add-on service to travel agents.

Nexion does have subsidiaries in Canada and Mexico afaik, but you need to be a resident in the respective country as well as a genuine travel agent in order to becomea member / IC.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 5:25 am

Sabre Germany offers a similar option to the N.A. model.
Difference is, its not a monthly membership but annually.

Amadeus Germany also offers a solution, for both Ama + Sabre you don't need a host agency and you don't need an IATA accrediation if you don't want to issue tickets.

If you're primary goal is to look up fares, go with Sabre!
With AMA you always need to specify the carrier when looking up fares, up to 3 max / request. With Sabre that is not needed, it lists all carriers in 1 request, so you can say, show me all basefares for all carrier for this given route in this dateframe.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 6:59 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
What are the currently available solutions in this field, who can advise please?
​​​
h2oflyboy likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 10:48 am

There is a site called "gdsflights.com" where you can search in Amadeus
SPN Lifer and Keter like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by lazy019
There is a site called "gdsflights.com" where you can search in Amadeus
An interesting one, but they can't even explain what they sell (or I am too stupid to click the right link)...
I would possibly gamble USD 10 to explore the functionality... had I understood what the functionality is
lazy019 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:57 pm

It just allows you to search for flights in Amadeus and then gives you the data pretty much exactly as Amadeus outputs it. On the landing page there is a sample excel file where you can see the output.
Keter likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by lazy019
It just allows you to search for flights in Amadeus and then gives you the data pretty much exactly as Amadeus outputs it. On the landing page there is a sample excel file where you can see the output.
The have prices on a sole screenshot available on the website. And this already raises many questions (is this n itinerary priced in a way we see in ITA matrix, a list of applicable fares or smth else)...
Old Mar 20, 2024, 12:20 pm

So they pretty much offer a limited version of what you can get with GDS access, which is usually $30 to $40 / month for 1 license and try to resell it with a higher scale.
Good business model for the ones who only want to use GDS a few times without getting a contract.
But not quite sure if its a business model for 2024, many airlines are shifting to NDC and around next year almost all legacy carriers won't be listed in GDS anymore.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 8:38 am

So does their system allow to price itineraries of my choice? Still puzzled with the functionality available frankly.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:26 pm

Just checked their website and got an answer - the answer is that are still building the tool and what it can do. I wonder if they invited any experts to ask what we really need
Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:31 am

You won't be able to book through them, so its all informative only anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.