Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CheckMyTrip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2023, 3:59 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by percysmith
Which customer. In Amadeus’s view, we passengers aren’t paying for it. And I doubt we’d be profitable even if we are.
Good question. The customer is whoever is requesting the application. Likely some middle-management type. Definitely not either the passengers. Probably not the airlines either.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 7:54 am

I was able to add my itineraries by forwarding emails. Out of 3 that it added, one of them had wrong origin airport though (Bought on LM for TK).

I opened a developer account on Amadeus' public API portal. I am going to try to see what info can be extracted for a free account.
Keter, greg5 and Marschel like this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 2:52 am

Programs: A3 *G
Is it me or has CMT become even worse than prior? I used to use it to keep track of upgrades (that were waitlisted) and it would show both confirmed and waitlisted segments, plus fare classes, now it appears to show none of this and has become much more simplified (perhaps they think "user-friendly"), absolutely awful app, I hate it.
percysmith likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 5:14 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
And now a swath of post-6.10.0 bookings I added are gone.

The app (which was its remaining useful existence, web account and individual PNR lookup’s long gone) has been given a Dementor’s Kiss and has been left in a Persistent Vegetative State.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 8:29 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
And now a swath of post-6.10.0 bookings I added are gone.

The app (which was its remaining useful existence, web account and individual PNR lookup’s long gone) has been given a Dementor’s Kiss and has been left in a Persistent Vegetative State.
Every single trip I had painstakingly added through their inane system is now gone. Deleting my account
Old Apr 7, 2023, 4:26 pm

Version 6.16.0 dropped for Android 6 Apr 2023
”Bug fixes”
I’m not sure what bugs were fixed: certainly my itineraries added since 6.10.0 hasn’t been reinstated
No rollback to pre-6.10.0 UI version of app as many users here and FB’s hoped for
Old Apr 14, 2023, 5:22 am

Version 6.10.1 dropped for iOS on 13 Apr 2023
"Bug Fixes"

I added all the itineraries back to my main account (I suspect this is a Sisyphean task). My findings:
1. PNR booking=my Checkmytrip email, one passenger name=my Checkmytrip name: OK can add
2. PNR booking=my wife's email, one passenger name=my Checkmytrip name: OK can add (see 2(a) below)
3. PNR booking=my Checkmytrip email, one passenger name=my mother's name. Initially cannot add. Change my Checkmytrip name temporarily to my mother's name: OK can add.

Wife's Checkmytrip account
2(a): Add the booking in (2) above to her account. one passenger name=her Checkmytrip name. Cannot add.
Not even if deleted from my account.

This case just bugs me. So if one booking has two passengers, the Checkmytrip account who has the PNR email might still not be able to add the booking.
Still beating a dead horse, notwithstanding Easter is about a week old...

Last edited by percysmith; Apr 14, 2023 at 5:28 am
Old Apr 20, 2023, 3:53 am

20 Apr: All itineraries not loading into any account. Three accounts over one iPad, one iPhone and one Android. Even Sabre and Travelport can't hurt Amadeus as much as Amadeus is hurting themselves.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 5:56 am

Amadeus saying they’ll partially walk back the 6.10 upgrade:

I took a swipe at them for their part in the ANA fare

[PREM FARE GONE] Cx j: Dps-ams $402 - business; CGK-TYO-USA $400 on NH

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uverify%20wall

Old Apr 25, 2023, 7:11 am

Amadeus saying they’ll partially walk back the 6.10 upgrade:

I took a swipe at them for their part in the ANA fare

[PREM FARE GONE] Cx j: Dps-ams $402 - business; CGK-TYO-USA $400 on NH

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uverify%20wall

It seems unlikely the app upgrade has anything to do with the mistake fare. One shouldn't buy mistake fares if they are going to get angry when they're canceled.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
It seems unlikely the app upgrade has anything to do with the mistake fare. One shouldn't buy mistake fares if they are going to get angry when they're canceled.
I didn’t partake in the ANA CGK fare. I was in half way thru the sale but I passed.

But I am an Amadeus CheckMyTrip user and I am mighty exasperated at the way the product is junked by the 6.10 upgrade. Either they’re “too ....in' dumb to keep this job, if you did know, you were in on it. Either way, YOU'RE OUT! “
Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:17 am

I didn’t partake in the ANA CGK fare. I was in half way thru the sale but I passed.

But I am an Amadeus CheckMyTrip user and I am mighty exasperated at the way the product is junked by the 6.10 upgrade. Either they’re “too ....in' dumb to keep this job, if you did know, you were in on it. Either way, YOU'RE OUT! “
I agree the CheckMyTrip rollout is a debacle, I still dont see what that has to do with the mistake fare or understand what you're saying.
I imagine that the people who work on the Check My Trip app are completely different than those who work on the issue that caused the currency conversion error, and certainly not the people posting on the Check My Trip facebook page.

The app debacle is frustrating but given how nonresponsive the CMT team has been to customer complaints, customer complaints about an unrelated issue seem unlikely to be productive.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 4:17 pm

I agree the CheckMyTrip rollout is a debacle, I still dont see what that has to do with the mistake fare or understand what you're saying.
Technical competence of Amadeus as a whole.

I imagine that the people who work on the Check My Trip app are completely different than those who work on the issue that caused the currency conversion error,
It may be two teams, but either its tech hiring/competence has fallen off a cliff recently, or Amadeus management has stripped its tech departments of resources to keep systems going (bear in mind Checkmytrip is now unreliable as well as unusable), or both.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 5:25 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by pnimith
I was able to add my itineraries by forwarding emails. Out of 3 that it added, one of them had wrong origin airport though (Bought on LM for TK).

I opened a developer account on Amadeus' public API portal. I am going to try to see what info can be extracted for a free account.
I tried to add reservations using the chat function with Amadeus record locator - never worked, always saying reservation not in database.
I tried emailing trips to [email protected] and got the "[CheckMyTrip] Your reservation is now added" email, but the trip will never show.
I'm on Android on build version 6.160+3910. I'm glad the app is still adding trip for you. Are you on Android or iPhone?
Old Apr 26, 2023, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I tried to add reservations using the chat function with Amadeus record locator - never worked, always saying reservation not in database.
I tried emailing trips to [email protected] and got the "[CheckMyTrip] Your reservation is now added" email, but the trip will never show.
I'm on Android on build version 6.160+3910. I'm glad the app is still adding trip for you. Are you on Android or iPhone?
I managed to email trips to my account.
The trips will show, but, the trips are not update.
ernestnywang likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.