Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Cx j: Dps-ams $402 - business; CGK-TYO-USA $400 on NH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Cx j: Dps-ams $402 - business; CGK-TYO-USA $400 on NH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:28 pm

My AMEX also both charges disappeared. For early may and october. it's interesting to see how it works, never had this before with tickets.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by coleslaw
June 23rd seems like quite an arbitrary date.
I guess they mean June 2023 as opposed to June 23rd...
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by NightlinerVIE
I guess they mean June 2023 as opposed to June 23rd...
Thank you for bringing this up. Now that you mention it, I believe you're correct as it appears to be an automated translation from Thai language. This information aligns more with what the ANA agent told me today.
NightlinerVIE likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:40 pm

OMG how many more people are going to post about the significance-- or lack thereof-- of charges disappearing for a few days before posting. I'd say the majority of my FOREX transactions behave that way and it means absolutely nothing one way or another.

Originally Posted by Sauraigne
My AMEX also both charges disappeared. For early may and october. it's interesting to see how it works, never had this before with tickets.
Brandinho1 and shenkie85 like this.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by gil123
OMG how many more people are going to post about the significance-- or lack thereof-- of charges disappearing for a few days before posting. I'd say the majority of my FOREX transactions behave that way and it means absolutely nothing one way or another.
never seen this before, using many cards visa, mastercard, debit, credit. and always monitor my payments.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by cmoltisanti
I requested that she add a comment stating that I had already made travel plans and incurred expenses for the trip. It appears that ANA will judge each booking individually, in this state I would advise people who have a reservation to call in if your payment is still in process or pending.
Call again and order a special inflight meal and your ticket will be safe >110%…
Old Apr 22, 2023, 4:15 pm

Lol... I think cmoltisanti did not catch the irony in your post... Does anyone really believe that the note attached to the ticket will influence ANA decision? Come on... what else? Tickets for my mom with special treatment?
Old Apr 22, 2023, 4:47 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Since no formal comments have been made by the airline, and the rampant speculation and repetitive posting and trolling continues, this thread is again being closed.

If and when there is a final decision from the airline, not a phone agent, friend of a friend or whatever, the thread will reopen.

If anyone has verifiable information from the airline, send a PM to one of the moderators for review.

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum
edsh, raunow, izzik and 40 others like this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 3:11 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
ANA currency conversion error fare not honored - it's official now

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/vn/special-...2=en&p3=global
  • Information for Affected Customers
    For the flights which were erroneously processed, ANA will cancel and fully refund all itineraries. ANA will notify each customer affected by the error. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your cooperation in communicating with us.

feel free to merge it into the closed thread.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 3:27 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Yep, it was made available way too long! There's a FB group filled with literally thousands of Thai people who jumped on the fare!!

Probably the most sensible decision by NH (despite me having skin in the game). Far far too much publicity surrounding the fare in the days following - NH really had nothing to lose by cancelling the tickets.

Onto the next one!

Last edited by im.daniel; Apr 25, 2023 at 3:32 am
Old Apr 25, 2023, 3:47 am

Right decision.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 3:53 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by im.daniel
Yep, it was made available way too long! There's a FB group filled with literally thousands of Thai people who jumped on the fare!!

Probably the most sensible decision by NH (despite me having skin in the game). Far far too much publicity surrounding the fare in the days following - NH really had nothing to lose by cancelling the tickets.

Onto the next one!
I wonder if Amadeus is going to have to cover all the ancillary costs from people already taken their ANA flights. Interestingly the notice was signed off not only by ANA but also Amadeus.
Venezuela-Miami and xexs like this.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by altalk08
Right decision.
exactly - although I am a bit sad that I can't fly my ticket next year in March. You win some, you lose some.
best rule for these fares - book it, drive to the airport and immediately fly it.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 3:58 am

Sad news,but take it easy and move on to next bug fare ticket.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Marvin Turner
Sad news,but take it easy and move on to next bug fare ticket.
I am afraid with all the travel blogs promoting these fares all over the internet there won't be any future error fare of this kind going through. a couple of years back most of the really good error fares didnt get that much attention on the net - only within a few frequent flyer communities.
why do the blogs promote them so wildly? they get a commission on the ticket sale when you follow their links. I hope their share on all these tickets sold won't be paid out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.