Wiki Posts
Search

CheckMyTrip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2023, 6:59 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by alfrie
I also got this 'Oops'. Thought it was because my CheckMyTrip email did not match the booking's. I then updated the email in the booking, but the problem did not go away.
I tried forwarding i) CX confirmation email and ii) CX e-ticket to [email protected] for a booking that I can actually add by PNR directly into CheckMyTrip (removed from my account for the purpose of the test). Both were ‘Oops’ rejected by checkmytrip.com
Old Mar 10, 2023, 7:44 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Has anyone found a good replacement app (free or paid) for Android? I had relied on Checkmytrip for schedule changes in particular. Flightly is only available for iOS alas.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Flightly is only available for iOS alas.
flighty isn’t even a replacement app on iOS.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 10:56 am

One half-satisfying solution is to use the wife's CX's Manage My Booking to track my own flights.
Most of my itineraries include her.
Most of those itineraries are redemption on airlines who use Amadeus.

So by coding her CX as FFP (which I do, she does not have status of her own and does not chase status), I generally get to see my own bookings.

This doesn't work on JAL, my own FQTS. I don't think this effectively works on BA either.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 4:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Welp, I would always use this app to get the AA/AS PNR booking with Avios. Now it’s effectively useless just regurgitating information I already know
Old Mar 19, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
What on earth went through their minds when “updating” this app by stripping every possible useful feature.

It was a very useful app, but they turned it into utter [redacted]. Might as well delete it.

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 19, 2023 at 2:39 pm Reason: FT Rule 16: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by EuroFlash
What on earth went through their minds when “updating” this app by stripping every possible useful feature.

It was a very useful app, but they turned it into utter [redacted]. Might as well delete it.

Given the thousands of negative responses and the amount of time that's passed, it seems they've missed an opportunity to just revert to the old version and spend time fixing this before re-launching it. I can't understand who on their product team came up with this and how this made it out the door
Old Mar 20, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Be sure to add your feedback to Play Store or similar, a lot of one starred comments might become useful.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Given the thousands of negative responses and the amount of time that's passed, it seems they've missed an opportunity to just revert to the old version and spend time fixing this before re-launching it. I can't understand who on their product team came up with this and how this made it out the door
"Minimum Viable Product".
Old Mar 20, 2023, 2:45 pm

CheckMyTrip Benefit

Hi all, I am new to checkmytrip.

What is the benefit of using checkmytrip rather than finding the trip on the airline's direct website?
Old Mar 20, 2023, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by flyer.123
Hi all, I am new to checkmytrip.

What is the benefit of using checkmytrip rather than finding the trip on the airline's direct website?
There no longer is any
Old Mar 20, 2023, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by greg5
It cost a lot of money to come up with this version, so I don't think its a cost savings.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by flyer.123
There no longer is any
That precisely is Amadeus's business objective.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 2:12 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
It cost a lot of money to come up with this version, so I don't think its a cost savings.

"Minimum Viable Product" is a term from the Agile/Scrum methodology in IT. The idea is that you start out by delivering the minimum that is viable, and add features based on customer requirements from there. I would say that the BA iPad app is a victim of this as well.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 2:30 am

"Minimum Viable Product" is a term from the Agile/Scrum methodology in IT. The idea is that you start out by delivering the minimum that is viable, and add features based on customer requirements from there. I would say that the BA iPad app is a victim of this as well.
Which customer. In Amadeus’s view, we passengers aren’t paying for it. And I doubt we’d be profitable even if we are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.