Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

How to find best deal on business/first class airfares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to find best deal on business/first class airfares?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2023, 2:06 pm

Originally, we did book with Air China at a cost of £4500 for both of us return. Covid happened in China – so we cancelled and re-booked with Philippines Airlines thinking all would be well – but it wasn’t! We take the point of, ‘waiting'.
Thank you VERY much for all the info' & acronyms, really appreciated! M
ore research needed from what you have generously provided.
We don’t feel too downhearted now.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LM467
Originally, we did book with Air China at a cost of £4500 for both of us return. Covid happened in China – so we cancelled and re-booked with Philippines Airlines thinking all would be well – but it wasn’t! We take the point of, ‘waiting'.
Thank you VERY much for all the info' & acronyms, really appreciated! M
ore research needed from what you have generously provided.
We don’t feel too downhearted now.
The second tier Asian airlines are cheaper. But as yet not fully back in the market. Just keep looking

These may not be up to date
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_China
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...a_destinations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Airlines ex TPE Taiwan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_destinations

For interest on Philippine Airlines ticket what was the last leg to NZ on?
Edit to answer my own question
May have been PH. AKL terminated (when?) in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_destinations

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 13, 2023 at 3:14 pm
Old Jan 14, 2023, 4:09 am

Many thanks for all the info’ – much appreciated!

Philippine Airlines (PAL) travel 2020:
London Heathrow to Manila Ninoy Aquino PR721 Dep.17th March 2020, 21:50hrs. Arr.18th March 19:25hrs. Class Z.
Manila Ninoy Aquino to Auckland PR218 Dep.19th March, 06:55hrs. Arr.21:50hrs 19th March. Class Z.

Etihad: FRA/MUC to SYD/MEL from €2583 thread is certainly worth following. That would involve travelling from the UK (Highlands of Scotland) to Frankfurt. Then flight from Sydney to AKL.
Flight from Edinburgh to FRA would around £500 return for two. SYD to AKL would be around £1000 (economy) return for two. This making a total of £6500 VERY approx’! But certainly a lot cheaper than the £8000. We would of course need to factor in a few accommodations on the way.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LM467
........ That would involve travelling from the UK (Highlands of Scotland) to Frankfurt. ...
If from Scotland (EDI?) would not be looking for flights from London (LHR).
If need to travel to an airport in the overall scheme of things to go to EU not a lot different to travel to LHR/LGW
And some airlines (QR, EK) have long haul flights from EDI GLA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Airport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Airport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_Airport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_airport
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=EDI-LHR...L&MS=wls&DU=mi

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 14, 2023 at 10:23 am
Old Jan 14, 2023, 2:35 pm

Yes… you are absolutely correct. We can fly from either Edinburgh or Glasgow. The ‘but’ part is, that it costs more flying from Scotland (& Manchester/Dublin) than flying from London. Therefore it, ‘maybe’ possible to fly cheaper from London or EU airport after factoring in travel costs. Spending a day or two or three looking around another city would be part of our holiday en route. Hopefully that makes some kind of sense?

Many thanks.
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 6:21 pm

Finding best business class flights

I'm looking for a tool that will alert me about business class deals. In particular, I'd like to be able to:
  1. enter a date range for the start date and end date (eg: any time in August)
  2. enter one or more possible destinations
  3. enter multi-city options (eg: fly into BCN, fly out of MAD)
Most sites (Google Flights, Kayak, Momondo, Skyscanner, etc) seem to only provide alerts for a particular departure and return date but don't provide alerts for flexible dates.

Would love to know about how some of you track business class deals, even if it doesn't necessarily fit the description.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:01 pm

You should go towards the Aeroplan forum, there is a tool to search for aeroplan rewards business class as per your request.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 11:00 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tobush
You should go towards the Aeroplan forum, there is a tool to search for aeroplan rewards business class as per your request.
Pretty sure he's looking for cash fare not reward
AndieNarwhal likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, National Executive
Discounted Business Cash Flights?

Aware this thread is for award booking services. Not sure where to post my q.

Anyone know of any services for paid discounted business/first flights? Looking to take the family to Australia.

Came across a service like this called FlightKing. Anyone know of them/if they're legit?
Old May 15, 2024, 3:12 am

Lightbulb Help needed to find J fares between Calgary and NZ !

Hi all - I am looking for some expert help in finding a good deal on J class tickets for 2 people from Calgary (Canada) to New Zealand - can be Auckland, Christchurch or Wellington. We are flexible on dates, but looking to spend around 3-4 months in NZ over Dec-March. I have a good amount of Aeroplan points to use, but am not having any luck searching for fares day by day on the AC website (most of them are 200k+ per direction per person!).

Also open to cash fares if J class is around C$6k or less round trip per person.

If anyone has a quicker way of searching, I would be grateful if you could share any input

Thank you !
Old May 15, 2024, 9:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by mlt88
Hi all - I am looking for some expert help in finding a good deal on J class tickets for 2 people from Calgary (Canada) to New Zealand - can be Auckland, Christchurch or Wellington. We are flexible on dates, but looking to spend around 3-4 months in NZ over Dec-March. I have a good amount of Aeroplan points to use, but am not having any luck searching for fares day by day on the AC website (most of them are 200k+ per direction per person!).
We have several threads discussing award search tools and services:
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlt88

Also open to cash fares if J class is around C$6k or less round trip per person.

If anyone has a quicker way of searching, I would be grateful if you could share any input
Many 100's to 1000's of AU & NZ citizens residing in other parts for the world go back to AU NZ for Christmas - News Years. If wanting to fly from say Saturday 14 Dec a lot of demand. And more demand from Saturday 21 Dec.

Airlines that fly USA/Canada to/from New Zealand (not from all airports to all airports). Schedules can change. Not all routes daily.
  • American Airlines AA . DFW-AKL Until 30 Mar 2024. From 05 Dec 2024 to Mar 2025. LAX-AKL. Pre CV19 AA was due to fly LAX-CHC 3 days a week from Oct 2020. [Oneworld Alliance]
  • Air Canada AC YVR – AKL From 12 Nov 2022 [Star Alliance]
  • Air New Zealand NZ LAX SFO IAH JFK YVR ORD HNL– AKL. JFK started 17 Sep 2022. [Star Alliance]
  • Air Tahiti Nui TN LAX SEA – PPT - AKL (AS AA QF NZ partner)
  • Delta DL LAX – AKL. From 28 Oct 2023 seasonable. Restart due 02 Oct 2024 [Skyteam alliance]
  • Fiji Airways FJ LAX SFO HNL YVR – NAN - AKL WLG CHC. (Oneworld connect)
  • Hawaiian HA HNL – AKL (AA & VA partner) Service suspended Apr to Nov 2024
  • Qantas QF SYD-AKL-JFK from 14 Jun 2023. LAX SFO DFW JFK HNL YVR* via SYD BNE & MEL. {* seasonal} [Oneworld Alliance]
  • United UA SFO LAX – AKL. SFO - CHC from 04 Dec 2024 seasonable[Star Alliance]
  • And others via Australia, South America, Asia & Middle East
Note some airlines have announced reductions in service USA<--->AU-NZ, that I have yet to document in above.
Star Alliance airline Air NZ is know for *not* releasing awards to partner awards. But occasionally does
Canada (USA) to Australia and then paid flights to NZ (~3:30hrs) is another option, but just as hard / expensive for awards - cash fares to AU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.