Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

How to find best deal on business/first class airfares?

Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:04 am

Premium Flight Deal

There's tons of great sources out there for finding flight deals, but most only cover the cheapest fares in economy. That's why great deals in premium cabins often go overlooked - even the ones that're only a bit more expensive than coach.

Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, most of us would probably prefer to relax in a premium cabin - but only at the right price. Premium Flight Deal helps you find that price, and fly for less up front.

But since finding "good deals" in premium cabins isn't as simple as finding the lowest price, I could use your help in narrowing the parameters for what gets shared. What factors should be considered, and which should be prioritized?

Is it CPM alone? Mileage accrual opportunities? % below average across all carriers for a given route? Hard/soft product comparisons? Time to destination? Should it just be a gut call based on all of the above?

Since I've just started the site, feel free to send a short reply to any deals I send out. Even one word responses like "Great!" or "meh" would be appreciated.
Comrade C likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
CHI-TYO Business Class Pricing

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, but I now have a question and hope I posted it in the right forums.

I decided to splurge on a trip to Japan later this year, and am trying to figure out what's a good price for a business class ticket for Chicago-Tokyo. Right now, I'm finding $3467 RT on UA, with 1-stop in both directions. It's about $1500 less than other airlines. Travel Dec 14-31.

Is that a good/average/lousy pricing? Since I've never flown business before, I have no point of reference other than what else is available out there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by Kim T; Apr 21, 2017 at 11:02 am
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
how can I find Lowest C/F airfare from City to anywhere

Is there a tool that would show me the lowest C/F fare to world destinations? For example, I would like to find the lowest C/F fare from MIA to anywhere in the world. Based on, Airline/Alliance. I probably won't want to give a date... read flexible, and may or may not give duration.

Thanks
Jon
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SansSerif
Website seems to be gone. Any updates, alternates?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:02 am

Someone suggested hipmunk has multi-day alerts, in fact it does not. I can't even find a multi-day search, let alone an alert. Like the original poster, I am looking for a site that will send premium cabin price alerts for a range of dates. If anybody finds one, please let me know.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:04 am

Tool for Business Class Search from EU to Asia?

Hi guys, just wondering if there is anyway I can search for Europe to far east and keep it as general as that? On kayak I can only specify Manchester or near airports to example then need to put a specific airport in. But I'm looking for a cheap business class seat from Europe (as long as I can get there from Manchester) to pretty much anywhere in Asia, Bangkok, KL, Singapore etc. Looking for decent prices as all prices out of MAN are over 3K!

Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Your question will probably be moved, but use google flights, for example MAN to Asia (or South Asia or Central):
https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...ls:1w;sd:0;t:e

I think you want East Asia or Southeast Asia. You can pick specific dates or a timeframe.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: BA, JAL
From Amsterdam looks ok. Just make sure you never miss the first flight as that will void the whole ticket.
​​​​​​
https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=/m/0k3p,BHX,MAN.BKK.2019-01-24.AMSLHR0BA431~LHRBKK0BA9*BKK./m/0k3p,BHX,MAN.2019-01-31.BKKLHR0BA10~LHRAMS0BA426;c:USD;e:1;sc:b;sd:1;t: f;sp:.USD.165592*.USD.165592
Old Jan 13, 2023, 11:27 am

Help Needed to Search for Cheapest Business Class Fares Between London & New Zealand

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum..? Apologies if wrong.
My wife and I are planning a trip from London to New Zealand. Dep: End of October. Ret: Early December 2023. Special trip 50th Wedding anniversary.
We would like to fly business class. Does anyone know where and how we can obtain the cheapest prices?
Thankyou, stay safe & take care.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LM467
Not sure if this is the correct forum..? Apologies if wrong.
My wife and I are planning a trip from London to New Zealand. Dep: End of October. Ret: Early December 2023. Special trip – 50th Wedding anniversary.
We would like to fly business class. Does anyone know where and how we can obtain the cheapest prices?
Thankyou, stay safe & take care.
Just try google flights to get an indication. But book direct with an airline. Beware of online deals "too good to be true".
If returning early December, will be before the Christmas-New Year peak, which starts mid December.

UK to NZ can be expensive. Qatar QR can have better pricing, from various UK airports. And SQ. EK & CX. NZ, BA & QF will be expensive.
Starting in EU (DUB, AMS, Oslo etc) can give significant price savings.And do not need to pay the high ADP. Look in the BA forum for "ex EU" threads

Work backwards on airlines that fly into NZ
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auckland_Airport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christchurch_Airport

Is earning ff miles/avios/points a consideration? Paid business class UK to NZ will be a good earner.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 12:29 pm

I would look at leaving from other European locations for much cheaper pricing. TRS had excellent business class pricing circa $5k NZD (2500 GBP). AGP if you fancy trying first. leaving from the nordic countries can get better pricing on Qatar airlines. AMS is also pretty good pricing as does MLA
Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:17 pm

Thank you very much for the replies - much appreciated. We did, 'try' to get to NZ 3 years ago. Covid put a stop to that - one day before our flight was due to depart, which was business class at 5500 return. Now, the cheapest we can see is well over 8000! We do not have, ff miles/avios/points. We will certainly look into the BA forum for, "ex EU" thread. But, BA is expensive! We have looked at flying from the EU – very little price difference compared to UK.
Forgive my ignorance, but I’m not familiar with the acronyms: TRS, AMS & MLA. How do obtain the price of 2500?
Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:40 pm

The 3 letter acronyms are airport codes
TRS - trieste
AMS - amsterdam
MLA - malta

eg search on Google flights with AMS,TRS,MLA,CPH,ARN for departure going to AKL (auckland NZ), CHC (christchurch), WLG (wellington) , ZQN (queenstown)

that will give you 5 departure points from europe to the 4 airports in New Zealand ( you could also try SYD,MEL) if you do not mind a quick 3hr flight from australia to NZ if prices are cheaper to aussie.

PS there is an Ethiad business flight currently on sale to sydney from FRA (frankfurt) and MUC (munich) for 2600 euro. you can then fly economy to NZ for 300 pounds or so.

sorry I cannot post links yet - find the premium fares page on flyertalk - it was posted in the last day or two . or search on googleflights FRA,MUC to SYD,MEL

Last edited by TWA884; Jan 13, 2023 at 1:56 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jargon
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glossary.php and google "xxx airport"
TRS Trieste Airport https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triest...Giulia_Airport Never seen that as an ex EU AU-NZ destination
AMS Amsterdam Airport https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amster...rport_Schiphol Good for ex EU long hauls on QR Qatar Airways
MLA Malta Airport https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta_...tional_Airport Never seen that as an ex EU AU-NZ destination
So TRS & MLA maybe something else.

Business class fares UK/EU to AU/NZ are a lot more than before CV19. They may reduce when demand settles and the Chinese airlines get back to pre CV19 schedules.
Expect you will end up travelling on QR or SQ. You have a few months

You could consider a Round the World RTW fare DONE4 (Oneworld) or a Star Alliance equivalent. And as above LH Lufthansa has a RTW type fare

Other threads (some pre CV19)

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 13, 2023 at 5:01 pm Reason: more thread links
Old Jan 13, 2023, 2:04 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by MurrayF
PS there is an Ethiad business flight currently on sale to sydney from FRA (frankfurt) and MUC (munich) for 2600 euro. you can then fly economy to NZ for 300 pounds or so.
Here is link to the thread in the Premium Fare Deals forum:That was posted by jfkeze; their Premium Cabin Deals blog is worth following.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.