ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Fares are filed as either one-way or round-trip. Multi city itineraries are priced using parts of those filed fares. Since ExpertFlyer just shows the published tariffs, and doesn't price specific itineraries, you should use a website that sells tickets to price of your specific itinerary, then you can see what fare basis codes are being used.
Thank you for your answer,

Sorry for my english , I want talking about: one or somes departure airport(s) to "somes non-specific but cheap destination.

For exemple for this summer I want to go to anywhere in C3 from "anywhere" from C2west I want (if it's possible) find all low fare (without surcharge) from for exemple: CDG,FRA,BRU,AMS to anywhere in C3 (BKK-HKG-SIN ....) without specify exact date like "Show Fares for All Travel Dates" option there are way to do it ?

Last edited by fabsys; May 24, 2013 at 3:11 pm
Old May 24, 2013, 3:09 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by fabsys
Thank you for your answer,

Sorry for my english , I want talking about: one or somes departure airport(s) to "somes non-specific but cheap destination)
For exemple for this summer I want to go to anywhere C3 from "anywhere" from C2west I want (if it's possible) find all low fare from for exemple: CDG,FRA,BRU,AMS to anywhere in C3 (BKK-HKG-SIN ....) there are way to do it ?
No, fare tariff searches require a city pair.
Old May 24, 2013, 3:15 pm

thanks ExpertFlyer Voice
Old May 27, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
I am new to Expert Flyer. Wondering why I cannot get Award Alert on LH or ANA flights, LH flights were LAX-MUC and SFO-FRA. ANA was TYO-CGK and return. Thanks for helping....
Old May 27, 2013, 9:34 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by 747FC
I am new to Expert Flyer. Wondering why I cannot get Award Alert on LH or ANA flights, LH flights were LAX-MUC and SFO-FRA. ANA was TYO-CGK and return. Thanks for helping....
Please email your specific flight information to [email protected]
Old May 28, 2013, 3:42 am

Programs: CX DM
Expertflyer tool

Hi

I amnew to expert flyer and trying to know the software better

i looked up the availability for cathay pacific on 7th june and return on 23rd june

the availability showing they only have K class on wards but when i tried to go on cathay pacific.com and search for the same dates

it came up with V class available

can someone please help me on this
Old May 28, 2013, 4:14 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
V is a 'cheaper' fare. Did EF show V availability as well?

I think CX does not publish some availability and it can only be found on their website, so this may be why.

Can you provide more information on the route or flight number?
Old May 28, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
I found a glitch on EF this morning. I was looking at ATL-BOS flights on DL and saw RU/RP = 9 on flight 1200, which seemed pretty unlikely, but it was on a 738 after a holiday weekend, so I figured it was possible. I called in to re-book to that flight because the first leg of my previous itinerary had been delayed and was causing an illegal connection. However, when I re-booked, I was placed onto an upgrade waitlist of 34 passengers, and the RU/RP inventory had magically disappeared within minutes. Any ideas what happened? I thought if RU/RP was available, then it should mean that any Medallions on the flight within their upgrade windows should have already been upgraded, which would mean that there shouldn't be a waitlist. Did EF "imagine" upgrade inventory?
Old May 28, 2013, 6:37 am

Hi

First I have to say that I'm addicted to EF...

Now my problem.
I'm trying to save a query - OS Direct flight TLV-VIE Aug 15th. I just want to track the earlier (OS860) flight.
No matter what time I'm putting on search it always return also the later, evening, flight...
Is there a way to see just the one I want?

Thanks,
Old May 28, 2013, 10:00 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by eturowski
I found a glitch on EF this morning. I was looking at ATL-BOS flights on DL and saw RU/RP = 9 on flight 1200, which seemed pretty unlikely, but it was on a 738 after a holiday weekend, so I figured it was possible. I called in to re-book to that flight because the first leg of my previous itinerary had been delayed and was causing an illegal connection. However, when I re-booked, I was placed onto an upgrade waitlist of 34 passengers, and the RU/RP inventory had magically disappeared within minutes. Any ideas what happened? I thought if RU/RP was available, then it should mean that any Medallions on the flight within their upgrade windows should have already been upgraded, which would mean that there shouldn't be a waitlist. Did EF "imagine" upgrade inventory?
No, we do not make up the inventory numbers, they are what are returned to us by the airline or GDS. Since you looked at the flight on the day of departure, it's likely either the inventory numbers were changing rapidly, or it was a side effect of DL actively working with the upgrade list to upgrade passengers already on the waiting list. It's also possible that the upgrade list was even longer then 34 pax and 9 people were upgraded.
Old May 28, 2013, 10:03 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ehud
Hi

First I have to say that I'm addicted to EF...

Now my problem.
I'm trying to save a query - OS Direct flight TLV-VIE Aug 15th. I just want to track the earlier (OS860) flight.
No matter what time I'm putting on search it always return also the later, evening, flight...
Is there a way to see just the one I want?

Thanks,
Do you mean you're trying to create a Flight Alert? Are you doing an Award search? For most of the Star Alliance award search airlines (such as OS) a flight may not be shown if there is no award availability in any cabin for the flight. You can still create a Flight Alert for the flight from the results page of the Flight Availability search or via the Create New Flight Alert page.

If you need further assistance, please email us at [email protected]
Old May 28, 2013, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Do you mean you're trying to create a Flight Alert? Are you doing an Award search? For most of the Star Alliance award search airlines (such as OS) a flight may not be shown if there is no award availability in any cabin for the flight. You can still create a Flight Alert for the flight from the results page of the Flight Availability search or via the Create New Flight Alert page.

If you need further assistance, please email us at [email protected]
No
I'm looking for flight availability, not award.
Old May 28, 2013, 11:45 am

New to EF looking for help

First, I'm not looking for anyone to actually spend their time searching for the specific flights just on guidance on how to do so. I'm in the Pro trial looking for award avail.

Looking to fly to from BHM to AMS, spend a few days in AMS. Take the train to Berlin, spend a few days in Berlin and fly back from Berlin. Tentatively 9/3 thru 9/12. I've got enough miles to do this on AA but also building UR and Starwood points so that is an option. Business class or better only consideration.

A few questions:

1) Is the best way to search for the above is to search each segment individually as a one way? It appears that is the only way to do so but want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

2)If I select AA as the airline, does EF know all the oneworld alliances and offers these results? Does the same hold true for UA?

3) If #2 is no and you really need to know who flies where to explore all the options, is the ita matrix tool where I need to go to best determine those options?

Thanks for the help
Old May 28, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: CX DM
Expertflyer tool

7/6 cx138 SYD to hkg
Ef doesn't have any availability for v...the lowest is k
Old May 28, 2013, 3:35 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ehud
No
I'm looking for flight availability, not award.
A simple search returns both flights:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Flight Availability Search
Departing TLV on 08/15/13 12:00 AM for VIE
Flying OS  
Direct/Non-Stop Only

Frequency
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     Available Classes
0 Connections
OS (VO) 860   0      TLV                VIE                321       Daily           J9 C8 D6 Z4 P2 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 G9 Q9 V9 W9 S0 T0 E0 L0 K0 
                     08/15/13 6:20 AM   08/15/13 9:15 AM             89% / 20m

0 Connections
OS (VO) 858   0      TLV                VIE                321       Daily           J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 G9 Q9 V8 W0 S0 T0 E0 L0 K0 
                     08/15/13 4:00 PM   08/15/13 6:55 PM             76% / 27m

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.