ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:23 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by bedelman
I've been looking at some AA First fares for travel from SEA to LHR. Example: LHR to SEA, 4/1/22 to 4/8/22, Fare basis code INW4C7S4/EUUP. When I click to see Fare Rules in EF, I get a near-blank screen. See below. Any idea what's wrong here?

Large number of fares in this market -- apparently 126 filed by AA on SEA-LHR. 43 of those in First (based on what I see when checking only the First checkbox. I need to read fare rules to figure out what could apply to my journey.
The issue is that there is more than one fare with the same fare basis code so the reservation system doesn't know which fares rules to return, so we don't get any rules. On our todo list is to show a message to this effect instead of the blank response you see now.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:41 pm

ExpertFlyer Voice, thanks for replying and explaining. Weird that it is even possible to have more than one fare with the same fare basis in the same market -- I would have thought each market can only have one fare with a given name??!! What possible purpose to having two fares with the same name in the same market? Why would AA do that?

Can you suggest any workaround? Suppose I don't care which of these rules I read, on the view that maybe all the fares with the same name have the same (or substantially the same) rules. That might be wrong, of course, but it's a good place to start as I try to see whether these fares would work for me.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:47 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by bedelman
ExpertFlyer Voice, thanks for replying and explaining. Weird that it is even possible to have more than one fare with the same fare basis in the same market -- I would have thought each market can only have one fare with a given name??!! What possible purpose to having two fares with the same name in the same market? Why would AA do that?

Can you suggest any workaround? Suppose I don't care which of these rules I read, on the view that maybe all the fares with the same name have the same (or substantially the same) rules. That might be wrong, of course, but it's a good place to start as I try to see whether these fares would work for me.
The differences are usually flight routing specific, so no there isn't a work around as we don't price specific itineraries of flights so we can't ask for a rule display from a quoted fare. We've seen this with other airlines for years, but it appears AA has started doing this recently as well.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
The issue is that there is more than one fare with the same fare basis code so the reservation system doesn't know which fares rules to return, so we don't get any rules. On our todo list is to show a message to this effect instead of the blank response you see now.
If it is possible, displaying all matching fares would seem far preferable to displaying none (even with an error message explaining why).
Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:30 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by anabolism
If it is possible, displaying all matching fares would seem far preferable to displaying none (even with an error message explaining why).
The problem as we noted is that we don't receive any fare rules for any of the duplicate fares. We display the list of duplicate fares in the Fare Information search, and we get back the same list when we request the rules for one of them.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:57 pm

The problem as we noted is that we don't receive any fare rules for any of the duplicate fares. We display the list of duplicate fares in the Fare Information search, and we get back the same list when we request the rules for one of them.
I realize you're not getting the info from your data supplier; I was hoping that it might be possible for you to get your data supplier to give you the rules for all the fares instead of none.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
The Flight Availability vendor only returns 12 segments at a time (or 6 1 connection options, for example). You didn't ask a question in your post, but if your question is how do you see more flights, the easiest option is to change the time of day of the search to see later flight options.
You should display a message that this is only the first X results, and/or offer a pagination option. It's misleading to only show the first 12 segments and not state that on the results screen. I upgraded for the express purpose to help a coworker out finding flights in a bad weather weekend and when I saw the results thought "oh that's it there's nothing available, he's screwed, going to have to fly tomorrow"

If you expect me to increment the departure times throughout the day to find availability, well, that ain't gonna happen. Cancellation imminent.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:44 pm

Thread on missing BA flights in EF: Expertflyer BA display

rb211.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
What does C mean in bucket availability? Searching for a flight on RJ TLV-AMM-(stop)-JFK and the availability on TLV-AMM for the lowest buckets shows weird letters and not just numbers or zeros for some of the buckets on some flights. Since I can’t figure out how to search for the full itinerary Since the second flight is two days later but this is the same fare I don’t know if maybe I’m getting accurate data about married segments. I know RJ prefers to sell the TLV-AMM flight as part of a longer itinerary and it’s rather expensively priced just on its own.

RJ 341 TLV 12:40a → AMM 1:25a
J9 C9 D9 I9 Z9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 ML LC VC SC NC QC OC P9 W9 R9 Expanded

RJ 343 TLV 8:30a → AMM 9:15a
J7 C4 D4 I5 Z5 Y9 B3 HL KL ML LC VC SC NC QC OC P1 WC RC Expanded

RJ 345 TLV 7:10p → AMM 7:55p
J9 C9 D9 I9 Z9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 ML LC VC SC NC QC OC P9 W9 R9
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by salut0
What does C mean in bucket availability? Searching for a flight on RJ TLV-AMM-(stop)-JFK and the availability on TLV-AMM for the lowest buckets shows weird letters and not just numbers or zeros for some of the buckets on some flights.
A 'C' instead of a number means the booking inventory is zero and the waitlist is closed.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by anabolism
A 'C' instead of a number means the booking inventory is zero and the waitlist is closed.
Does that mean it’s unlikely there will be any more inventory reappearing in that booking class?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by salut0
Does that mean it’s unlikely there will be any more inventory reappearing in that booking class?
You can set an Expert Flyer Flight Availability Alert to notify you if any becomes available.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Finnair(AY) availability

When I search LAX to HEL/ARN I get nothing. U fares checked, checked direct/nonstop, one way used 9/28/22 first with +-3 days, no entries any day, the did 9/27 to HEL, just that day, no entries. If no availability it should still show flights with NO or 0 with no U availability, correct? And let me set alerts? What is the reliability like for AY using EF?
Old Feb 27, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
When I search LAX to HEL/ARN I get nothing. U fares checked, checked direct/nonstop, one way used 9/28/22 first with +-3 days, no entries any day, the did 9/27 to HEL, just that day, no entries. If no availability it should still show flights with NO or 0 with no U availability, correct? And let me set alerts? What is the reliability like for AY using EF?
I found the same thing when looking for flights in July. It appears that although you can search for AY, it isn't actually capable of accessing the proper database. The reason I came to this conclusion is that because when I did the search, the results came back rather quickly (<5 seconds) - as though the query failed. When I do comparable searches for other airlines, the query takes time (minutes) to produce a report and especially so for +/-3 days.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Is there such a thing as a reverse seat availability alert? In other words, the seat next to me is currently empty, and I would like to get an alert if it gets assigned.
aktchi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.