ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Is there currently a glitch with BA award availability?
I've searched JFK-LHR across numerous dates and found zero inventory in any award class (coach, premium economy, or business). The same dates searched for AA reveal numerous options on the BA code shares. What's up?? TIA!
Old Nov 12, 2021, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by geo1005
I've searched JFK-LHR across numerous dates and found zero inventory in any award class (coach, premium economy, or business). The same dates searched for AA reveal numerous options on the BA code shares. What's up?? TIA!
An award search with AA as the carrier only returns valid results for AA prime flights. AA codeshares on BA metal do not reflect actual BA availability. Have you tried searching on BA's web site just to see? Or search on AA's web site, it will show BA (prime) flights that have award availability.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 8:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by anabolism
An award search with AA as the carrier only returns valid results for AA prime flights. AA codeshares on BA metal do not reflect actual BA availability. Have you tried searching on BA's web site just to see? Or search on AA's web site, it will show BA (prime) flights that have award availability.
Yes, if I search AA's website and BA's I can see (for example) coach, premium eco and business seats available for mileage redemption (Feb 22nd 2022) for several BA flights JFK-LHR. ExpertFlyer search shows a bogus return with no results (and does not show the flights themselves like I thought it did/would).
Old Nov 13, 2021, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by geo1005
EF is now saying:
Due to British Airways Avois system maintenance, BA award inventory will be unavailable until November 17th.
At the moment, you can still get award information from the BA website directly, but I don't know whether/when that will be taken down for the system upgrade/work.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Tracking cancellations

Until EF offers functionality to detect a cancelled flight, I discovered a workaround that may be useful for some.
Track some full price ticket on the flight with Google flights - if the flight is no longer available then Google will notify you.

UA cancelled a flight on me (I was already ticketed so they emailed me), and shortly after google notified me too.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Until EF offers functionality to detect a cancelled flight, I discovered a workaround that may be useful for some.
Track some full price ticket on the flight with Google flights - if the flight is no longer available then Google will notify you.
You can do something similar on EF. Set an alert to be notified if the highest booking class in each of business and economy (often J class and Y class) becomes zero ("less than 1"). It may not be an exact replica of what Google Flights does, but it could give some warning that a flight is to be cancelled, at least with the way that some airlines have been working. During the pandemic, it has often given a day or two of advance warning that BA was about to cancel a flight, because the flight would first be zeroed, and then cancelled a little while later.
droopydog likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 3:15 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM ★G, DL Silver, Amtrak ES, Hilton Diamond,Nexus
Originally Posted by Globaliser
You can do something similar on EF. Set an alert to be notified if the highest booking class in each of business and economy (often J class and Y class) becomes zero ("less than 1").
Would be great if EF automated this!
Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:45 pm

EF is still saying: "Due to British Airways Exec Club system maintenance, BA award inventory will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete."

However the BAEC section of the BA website appears to be back to "normal." When can we expect BA Award & Upgrade Availability searches to be reinstated? I'm asking for a friend.

rb211.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by RB211
EF is still saying: "Due to British Airways Exec Club system maintenance, BA award inventory will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete."

However the BAEC section of the BA website appears to be back to "normal." When can we expect BA Award & Upgrade Availability searches to be reinstated? I'm asking for a friend.

rb211.
Seems to be working OK now, so please ignore!

rb211.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:04 am

How to Book E Class Fares Found on Expert Flyer

I am seeing E9 for a non stop flight from PHX to SEA on 2/14/22 but am not able to find these fares on ITA Matrix. Do I need to call delta to book E class?
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by clearsugar
I am seeing E9 for a non stop flight from PHX to SEA on 2/14/22 but am not able to find these fares on ITA Matrix. Do I need to call delta to book E class?
Use the Fare query in EF to see if there are fares that book into 'E' inventory available for your origination and destination on your dates. You can uncheck 'validate fares' and check 'show fares for all dates' to see if there are fares that are not available for your route or dates.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
Use the Fare query in EF to see if there are fares that book into 'E' inventory available for your origination and destination on your dates. You can uncheck 'validate fares' and check 'show fares for all dates' to see if there are fares that are not available for your route or dates.
I believe I have ran the Fare query with the appropriate settings you are suggesting and am still seeing 'E9' on class availability for the flight I am looking to book on 2/14.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clearsugar
I believe I have ran the Fare query with the appropriate settings you are suggesting and am still seeing 'E9' on class availability for the flight I am looking to book on 2/14.
The fact that there are E class seats available doesn't necessarily mean that there are any valid fares for which those seats can be used on the kind of itinerary that you have in mind.

What E class fares did you see when you ran the "Fare Information" query? And what rules (validity, stay, etc) were applicable? Did you find any fares whose rules matched your intended trip?
Old Nov 29, 2021, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globaliser
What E class fares did you see when you ran the "Fare Information" query? And what rules (validity, stay, etc) were applicable? Did you find any fares whose rules matched your intended trip?
To answer my own question: All the valid fares that book into E class appear to be dual inventory fares. You need more than merely E class inventory. The fares require that there is inventory in V class and E class, or in X class and E class, or in T class and E class.

On the date you mention, all four flights have E class inventory (all at E9).

However, the only flight that has any inventory at all in V, X or T class is DL1712, which has T9 (but X0 V0). So on DL1712 you can book in to E class, using fare TAVNA0BC (according to ITA).
clearsugar likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Expertflyer discount?

I didn't see any sales this year. Does this service ever go on sale?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.