ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:52 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

As we had already posted earlier today to the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread :

"It looks like there was some issue yesterday/last night with AA's system. Please email us directly if you encounter any further issues. "
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I've not gotten EF alerts in "real time". Once I found a seat assignment available for which I had an alert set. The alert never came because I took the seat.
Real-time in a sense that it's not cached like the AA's front-end retail website is. It's near-line real-time so it's not hours old but even the notification triggering is not likely actually real-time either. The folks at EF can likely clarify how their feed is refreshed and when the actual notification triggers are run.

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
ExpertFlyer is correct, AA.com uses cached data, EF uses data straight from the AA host that isn't cached. You can call an AAgent and they will see the same data as EF shows.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The response from EF:Thank you for your email. It looks like AA had some system issues this morning that led to the availabilities being temporarily changed. You should resubmit the alerts from the View Saved Alert page.

Thank you,
The ExpertFlyer.com Team
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Moving this to the Travel Tools forum for merging into the ExpertFlyer help desk thread.

Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
There was something going on - this is typical of what I was seeing 20 hours ago:
Attached Images  
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:18 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by enpremiere
It's near-line real-time so it's not hours old but even the notification triggering is not likely actually real-time either. The folks at EF can likely clarify how their feed is refreshed and when the actual notification triggers are run.
When an alert is checked, the system queries the airline host system in real-time, same as a manual search world, and if the inventory is available an email is immediately sent.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: CK or bust
When an alert is checked, the system queries the airline host system in real-time, same as a manual search world, and if the inventory is available an email is immediately sent.
How often are alerts checked?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:20 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by enpremiere
How often are alerts checked?
At least several times a day, more so as the date/time of the flight gets closer.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, whatever is saved on the Sky box
Sorry for the basic question (and poor formatting) but is there anywhere in the below which explains the reason for cancellation of the flight?

Comments:
DOLH211/16JUL
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * LH 211 -1 MO 16JUL18
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)
FLIGHT CANCELLED 1943
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* LH 211 -1 MO 16JUL18 ASM
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
DRS 1105 MO JCDZPYBMUHQ/S E90 1:05
VWSTLK/S
FRA 1210 MO 1:05
COMMENTS-
1.DRS FR A - AIRCRAFT OWNER LUFTHANSA CITYLINE
2.DRS FRA - COCKPIT CREW LUFTHANSA CITYLINE
3.DRS FRA - CABIN CREW LUFTHANSA CITYLINE
4.DRS FRA - OPERATED BY LUFTHANSA CITYLINE
5.DRS FRA - ARRIVES TERMINAL 1
6.DRS FRA - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
7.DRS FRA - MAX 1 HANDLUGGAGE PER PASSENGER
8.DRS FRA - C100
9.DRS FRA - CO2/PAX* 66.98 KG ECO, 66.98 KG PRE
(*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
CONFIGURATIONE90
C 16 M 76
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:20 am

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the EF app or website?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:34 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by newyorklondon
Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the EF app or website?
The website continues to be up and working. If you are having issues please contact us directly at [email protected]
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:33 pm

I've used expert flyer in the past for award seats with success. i just renewed my account (basic). i'm trying to set up award alert for Iberia Madrid to ORD in November. I complete airport section, date, number of seats (2) and for class i input X as i'm looking for 2 seats in "economy-award" yet when i submit i get an error message "You must select at least one Award or Upgrade class for the airline." then the only option on that page is Business. I'm confused. Any help would be appreciated! additional info - i have flights booked on November 6, but am looking to extend my trip to either the 7th or 8th. Iberia told me i need to have same class of fare- which is "blue class". thank you in advance!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:16 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by eddieras
I've used expert flyer in the past for award seats with success. i just renewed my account (basic). i'm trying to set up award alert for Iberia Madrid to ORD in November. I complete airport section, date, number of seats (2) and for class i input X as i'm looking for 2 seats in "economy-award" yet when i submit i get an error message "You must select at least one Award or Upgrade class for the airline." then the only option on that page is Business. I'm confused. Any help would be appreciated! additional info - i have flights booked on November 6, but am looking to extend my trip to either the 7th or 8th. Iberia told me i need to have same class of fare- which is "blue class". thank you in advance!
That's because you have to select one of the supported award classes on the list, X isn't one of them as IB doesn't share their X class data.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:47 pm

That's because you have to select one of the supported award classes on the list, X isn't one of them as IB doesn't share their X class data.
darn- thanks for the info
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Just a data point for those who are curious: I set up my long-haul flights for a seat alert on the seats that we occupy, thereby getting notification if for some reason the seats become available. Today, I cancelled some flights for 10 weeks in the future. Within two hours, Expert Flyer notified me that my seats were now available. Pretty quick turnaround at 10 weeks from date of travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.