Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

which U.S. hotel chains has the fastest free in-room high speed internet access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which U.S. hotel chains has the fastest free in-room high speed internet access?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2006, 2:35 pm
pizzamiles

because of my company's contract with Courtyard By Marriott, I stay there a couple dozen times a year.(usually 2 to 5 days each time) At most locations, I get somewhere between 500kbps to 1.2mbps download speed. There are a couple of Courtyards where I got 5mpbs+ download.

what kind of speeds do other hotel chains offer?

thanks!

Old May 14, 2006, 3:49 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, Marriott Silver
It's purely a function of whatever local provider the hotel is using. Typically it's a "business class" hookup from the local cable/DSL provider. So whatever that ISP provisions is what the hotel gets. Then that bandwidth is shared to all the hotel guests. So your speeds may vary depending on how many guests are using the broadband connection and what they're doing.
Old May 14, 2006, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very hard to say, I've been in courtyards where I only got 100kbps, and I've been in no-name dumps with 10mbit...
Old May 14, 2006, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotels are allover the place and as Scott ctated, there are no real standards. I did however stay in a hotel in Korea and got something scarey like 30mbit's which is probably the fastest real connection I have had anywhere. I was able to download something HUGE in no time at all, it was quite cool in fact.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.