Search

Nero 7 - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2006, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Nero 7 - opinions?

I am thinking of upgrading to Nero 7 Ultra Edition.

I've been reading and the interface seems to have improved, but some have noted that it is less stable and buggy than before.

Anyone had good experiences/bad? Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2006, 5:47 pm

Programs: PC
The initial boxed version on sale was very buggy indeed, but subsequent updates have made it fine for use...why don't you go to Nero.com, download the demo and see if it's to your liking before paying for it?
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by lecter
The initial boxed version on sale was very buggy indeed, but subsequent updates have made it fine for use...why don't you go to Nero.com, download the demo and see if it's to your liking before paying for it?
I hate downloading Demos and uninstalling them if I dont like them. They never uninstall completely.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:30 pm

Programs: PC
Well, it works fine for me, but can't say that there is a specific feature that merits the upgrade cost...it's mostly the other integrated applications that got updated, so if all you want to do is create regular data CDs, it's about the same. I got it mainly because I like to have the latest version of all my programs, so it depends what you're looking for Alternatively, you could just buy a new DVD burner that will have an OEM version included, that way you get new hardware and (most) of the functionality of the real thing.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I was able to just register the key I got online with the demo install and things just kept running.

I find no issues encoding stuff to put on my Tivo, except for some odd windows streaming formats.

Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.