Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Unlimited In-Flight WiFi on 36 International Airlines for €10/mo ($11/mo)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Virazuno
Airlines roster for In-Flight WiFi via iPass
=====
Reported to work
JL - Oct 2018 ("roaming partner" login page available)
BR- Oct 2018 ("roaming partner" login page available)
AA* - Jan 2019 (*Panasonic and Gogo equiped planes, "roaming partner" login page available)
OS - Nov 2018 (Austrian, "roaming partner" login page available)
LH - Nov 2018 (Lufthansa, "roaming partner" login page available)
LX - Nov 2018 (Swiss, "roaming partner" login page available)
JU - Mar 2019 (select first whatever plan, and at payment page select "roaming partner" )
SQ - Feb 2019 (A350; “roaming partner” login page available)
EY - July 2019 ("roaming partner" login page available)
EVA 787 - September 2019.
VS - Sept 2017 ("roaming partner" login page available)

=====
Reported NOT to work
TG - Thai A350, Mar 2019 (no "roaming partner" login page)
UA - Jan 2019 (no "roaming partner" login page)
NH - Jan 2019 (no "roaming partner" login page)
AA** - Jan 2019 (**Viasat equiped planes)
CX* - Jan 2019 (*GoGo 2Ku equiped 777 planes, no "roaming partner" login page)
CX** - Jan 2019 (**Panasonic equiped A350 planes, no "roaming partner" login page)
VA- Feb 2019 (Virgin Australia, no "roaming partner" login page)
OZ - Nov 2018 (Asiana A350)
HX- Oct 2018 (Hong Kong Airlines, no "roaming partner" login page)
QR- Oct 2018 (no "roaming partner" login page)
QR- July 2018 (still no login page)
​​​DL

=====
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Remember the iPass deal (RIP) from US Mobile?

Lufthansa Innovation Hub is offering a similar unlimited in-flight WiFi plan via their AirlineCheckins app (iOS/Android). Service provided by iPass.

The cost for the PLUS subscription, providing international inflight wifi access, is €29.99 per three month period. The list of supported airlines is below. YMMV using the service on non-listed airlines although iPass does partner with GoGo, Deutsche Telekom and Panasonic Avionics Corporation.

According to an email I received, they may be limiting sign-ups to the first 2,222 members.

H/T: The Points Collector

Supported Airlines:
  • Aer Lingus
  • AeroMexico
  • Air Austral
  • Air Europa
  • Air France
  • Air Serbia
  • Air Seychelles
  • Alitalia
  • All Nippon Airlines (ANA)
  • American Airlines
  • Asiana Airlines
  • Cathay Pacific
  • China Airlines
  • EVA Air
  • Etihad Airways
  • Eurowings
  • Garuda Indonesia
  • Gulf Air
  • Hong Kong Airlines
  • INTERJET
  • Iberia Airlines
  • Japan Airlines (Domestic)
  • KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
  • Kuwait Airways
  • Lufthansa
  • Malaysia Airlines
  • Malindo Air
  • Qatar Airways
  • Rwandair Express
  • SWISS
  • Scoot
  • Singapore Airlines
  • Thai Airways International
  • Ukraine International Airlines
  • Virgin Atlantic Airways
  • WestJet
Xeno, freecia and oh_lol like this.

Last edited by TheInternationalLine; Aug 18, 2018 at 11:50 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:31 am

Interesting. Do you also get access to the iPass land based hotspots?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
Interesting. Do you also get access to the iPass land based hotspots?
Yes.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
This is still available as of today - anyone tried it?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
This is still available as of today - anyone tried it?
Following.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:05 pm

I signed up. It doesn't work with Delta but goes three quarters of the way through the sign on process before erring out. I've successfully logged onto Time Warner, Comcast, and Swisscomm hotspots. Air Azerbajan will have them soon, but not yet.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
How many devices allowed per account? Some iPass accounts allow unlimited devices, but perhaps it is based on what the sponsoring company negotiated with iPass.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Did anyone test this on EVA?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Just bought it. Price was $26.99. They said it was for 3 months but it looks to be activated till 09.01.2019 which I'm assuming is European number for 09JAN19, and that's actually 4 months. That's $7 per month. If it works I'll be tickled pink. I am planning a trip over Xmas to Asia and guess I'll have to make sure I fly Cathay. I got it because I fly mostly American. I usually get free wifi on American flights with Gogo (know anyone with T-Mobile? Just put their number in for 1-hr free) but seems more of their planes are switching to the non-Gogo. For $27 this will probably work out awesome.

Any idea how to get it to work on the computer instead of just the phone? Guess that's the next thing to figure out.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
They said it was for 3 months but it looks to be activated till 09.01.2019 which I'm assuming is European number for 09JAN19, and that's actually 4 months.
Any idea how to get it to work on the computer instead of just the phone? Guess that's the next thing to figure out.
Hi,

How do you see the activation date and expiry date? I can't find that in the Android app.

I recommend you tether to your phone via bluetooth, whilst the phone is connected to Wifi. Don't know if that is possible for iPhones though.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
Just bought it. Price was $26.99. They said it was for 3 months but it looks to be activated till 09.01.2019 which I'm assuming is European number for 09JAN19, and that's actually 4 months. That's $7 per month. If it works I'll be tickled pink. I am planning a trip over Xmas to Asia and guess I'll have to make sure I fly Cathay. I got it because I fly mostly American. I usually get free wifi on American flights with Gogo (know anyone with T-Mobile? Just put their number in for 1-hr free) but seems more of their planes are switching to the non-Gogo. For $27 this will probably work out awesome.

I received the same expiry date after activating yesterday and it is the Euro style of day/month/year.

What seems to be lacking is complete documentation on how to use this service on flights - I have the app on my phone and downloaded the iPass app (which itself has scathing reviews on the App Store) - does anyone have a how-to on connecting to inflight wifi?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:04 pm

Some updates and advice:

1. make sure you screenshot or write down the iPass username and password the Airline checkins app generates for you BEFORE you depart. Once you're in the air, there is no way to retrieve it unless you buy short-term wifi to get online and run the app and re-generate it.

2. this system does NOT work on many Singapore Airlines aircraft despite what the website claims - any of the SQ wifi systems that sells timed/metered access (most, if not all A380s and many others) will not work

3. some of the airlines have wifi systems that disconnect you and log you out after x minutes of inactivity, so be prepared with that iPass username and password handy, or saved on the browser fill-in fields because you may need to re log in often
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:29 am

Worked for me on two SQ A350 aircraft this week.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Wasn't able to get it running on my last AA flight with Boingo. Flight was short and just used my free T-mobile. Seemed like you need to activate it before you're in the air, but even then I couldn't get it going with the Boingo wifi. Odd. Troubleshooting on an airplane is hard....
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:10 pm

Any idea if it works on Swiss? They have metered plans only, no unlimited plans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.