Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Replace MacBook Air battery -v- Replace Computer

Replace MacBook Air battery -v- Replace Computer

Old Apr 26, 20, 4:26 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by garykung View Post
Recent Mac models suffer various issue. Their quality do not seem they were used to be.So while you are still happy with a 2011 Macbook, you may end up dropping the brand when start using other latest Mac now.
I've got the latest iMac 21.5 inch with a decent spec. No issues whatsoever. There were some issues with the latest version of MacOS, but they were rectified quite quickly. The hardware is solid - but very expensive compared to Dell etc.
Old Apr 28, 20, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
i have a 2010 mbp as a backup - still running rather strong. updated RAM and SSD 3 years ago (the SSD must have been a few extra years older from my even older MB) but still have the original battery (last a good part of 2 hours or sometimes 3 hours.)..
My MBP 2010 just died after 10 years of service - probably power issues, it seems that the voltage on the power rail is bad, causing intermittent SSD and GPU crashes, often already at startup. Probably it'd be still serviceable, but I won't invest any money in this machine anymore. I'll salvage the newish battery, the extra RAM and SSD that was installed during the years and use it all to resuscitate a MBP 2011 machine, once I can get my hands on it (ie after the lockdowns)

Meanwhile I went out and bought a very slightly used MBA-2017 with excellent battery (97%) for 600 ($650) - if it serves the next 10 years, I'd call it a good investment.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: