FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Replace MacBook Air battery -v- Replace Computer
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:27 am
nmenaker

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by aztimm
Thought I'd resurrect this thread once again. I finally gave in...and replaced the battery in my MBA again. This was the 3rd change, and about 3 years since the last time.

I think I had a faulty battery for the first change, it only lasted about a year. The second lasted 3 years. It was still functional, but I'd get maybe 2 hours of life out of my computer when fully charged. Since replacing it earlier today, after an hour of usage, the battery was down to 87%.

Every now and then I see that Costco has MacBooks on sale and I'm tempted...but this machine hangs on.
You’ve probably already done this, but have you reset the SMC a few times before or after changing the battery? If the SMC is jacked, even a good battery will “last” minutes to a few hours, even though the actual capability could still be very good.

For the battery that you replaced that died within a year, did something like coconut battery actually show that the capacity had cratered that much?