Wiki Posts
Search

2016: New Computer Hardware and Processors

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by tmiw
and b) we're bumping into the laws of physics.
Laws were made to be broken.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
I'm not sure they will change as much as we'd like. a) AMD isn't as big of a competitor as they used to be and b) we're bumping into the laws of physics.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
I'm not sure they will change as much as we'd like. a) AMD isn't as big of a competitor as they used to be and b) we're bumping into the laws of physics.
We've been "bumping into the laws of physics" for a couple decades; as nice of an estimate as Moore's law is, the fact of the matter is that advancements in the technology are as often in big steps farther apart than the more frequent incremental ones we've been used to seeing in the past decade. The fact, frankly, that we've had a 10-year run of continuous, reasonably significant improvement has been really impressive on Intel's part.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:47 pm

Having the best tech and best performing processors is one thing, being reliable is just as important too imho.

Last edited by PFSHero; Nov 4, 2016 at 9:11 pm
Old Nov 4, 2016, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by chx1975
T460p seems to be ... behind. No USB 3.1, no Thunderbolt, nothing modern. Same tired, broken layout, shunned keyboard. Only 3 USB ports anyways, USB-C would've allowed more.
There's always something better launching every other month, anyway. Go easy on Lenovo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.