Reload this Page >

iphone 6 discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iphone 6 discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:07 pm

ATT Won't Support WiFi Calling Until Next Year.

AT&T won’t support iOS 8’s Wi-Fi calling feature until 2015 http://zite.to/1tQD6vC
Old Sep 13, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
I'm thinking if I get the iPhone 6+ I won't need my iPad for travel.

Thoughts?
Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
I have a Note 2, which is the same 5.5" screen size as the iPhone 6+. It's a passable replacement for my Nexus 7 (7" tablet). I travel with both, though, primarily to extend the battery life on my phone, and together the phone and tablet make a great 2-screen system for working on the road.

I guess the short answer would have been "it depends".
I'm thinking the same thing as oldpenny16. Even if I still brought my Ipad mini with me, if I had the 6+, i am thinking I could ditch the cellular data plan on the Ipad and save $30 a month...

Now the other evaluation is whether to switch carriers. Sprint is offering an unlimited talk/text/data plan for the new IPhone @ $50 a month. And TMobile's SimpleChoice plan offers unlimited data and texting when traveling internationally.

Last edited by pbjag; Sep 13, 2014 at 6:34 am
Old Sep 13, 2014, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by pbjag
And TMobile's SimpleChoice plan offers unlimited data and texting when traveling internationally.
Also if the WiFi calling with iOS8 is real, that means you can make calls back to states for free, and all other calls to 120 countries for $0.20/minute.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by pbjag
Even if I still brought my Ipad mini with me, if I had the 6+, i am thinking I could ditch the cellular data plan on the Ipad and save $30 a month...
Grab a T-mobile SIM for your iPad and enjoy the free 200MB plan every month. That's what I got, and if the 200MB ran out, I just tether the iPad to my AT&T Note 2. Once in a blue moon, I would actually have no data coverage on my AT&T phone and T-mobile on the iPad has coverage. It is quite rare though.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
AT&T won’t support iOS 8’s Wi-Fi calling feature until 2015 http://zite.to/1tQD6vC
What a disappointment. The only reason I am excited about Wi-fi calling in the first place is because of AT&T's horrible reception in my room.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Need
Grab a T-mobile SIM for your iPad and enjoy the free 200MB plan every month. That's what I got, and if the 200MB ran out, I just tether the iPad to my AT&T Note 2. Once in a blue moon, I would actually have no data coverage on my AT&T phone and T-mobile on the iPad has coverage. It is quite rare though.
Great suggestion, thanks!
Old Sep 13, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by Debonaire
What a disappointment. The only reason I am excited about Wi-fi calling in the first place is because of AT&T's horrible reception in my room.

What does "until 2015" mean? January 1st? June? September? The article didn't say. 2015 is just over 3 months away. That's not very long.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DeafFlyer
What does "until 2015" mean? January 1st? June? September? The article didn't say. 2015 is just over 3 months away. That's not very long.
The fact that a specific date is not mentioned makes me rather pessimistic about a January 1st date.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Need
Grab a T-mobile SIM for your iPad and enjoy the free 200MB plan every month.
For at least balance of year, it's actually 1 gb free if you're existing TMO client. We've got two iPads on this plan, good until at least Dec 31, 2014 and thereafter $10, unless they extend the promo period.....

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...on-for-Tablets

Last edited by dtsm; Sep 13, 2014 at 6:27 pm
Old Sep 13, 2014, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Debonaire
T-mobile's network is more spotty for me than ATT's network. The TMobile GBM SIM allowing for WIFI calling helps a lot in closing the gap with ATT's wider network. That is probably a window into why TMO is in more of a rush than ATT to have this.

I'm probably going for an iPhone 6 with 128GB. The 6+ is too big and too close in size to my iPad Mini. Even the iPhone 6 is a bit too big for my taste but I am not about to go for a 5S.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I'd like to check out the Plus in person but with shipping times extending well into October, wonder if stores will set up demo units.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
I'd like to check out the Plus in person but with shipping times extending well into October, wonder if stores will set up demo units.
Of course they'll setup demo units, they always do no matter the wait time.

Regards
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:01 pm

VZW Trade-In Program

I heard that VZW will give me $200 for my 4S. (I also heard that the other carriers have similar programs.)

Can you do this at the Apple Store or do you need to go to VZW?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Samsung appears to be going guns-a-blazin' against the iPhone 6 Plus, with a pretty snarky commercial I saw tonight on Sunday Night Football. Note 4 is imminent.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC
I've to be honest. I've been using a 3Gs and moved on to BB and now Android. I love Android but the new iPhone with the bigger screen becomes appealing again. Especially with me being a MBP user.

Samsung shouldn't be doing this and rather concentrate on their features such as S-PEN etc. The 6 Plus looks like an amazing device. I can't wait for battery life reports though. Hope they're gonna be better than from the older generations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.