Search

Fantasy Airport iOS App

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2012, 1:22 am
44F
Original Poster

Fantasy Airport iOS App

Howdy y'all,

I'm an iOS developer, and I am trying to brush up on my php skills by writing a web service and its accompanying app.

I'd like to write an app based on what the FT community thinks should be in an airport app. My ideas so far...

Airport Book Exchange: I'm stuck at HKG, and I've already finished my book, I can post it to the app as available. Another HKG traveler browsing the list of available books can contact me and scoop up my book.

Airport Currency Exchange: Along the same lines, a matching service for two people to exchange currency in an airport (there may be safety issues here that I don't want to deal with).

Please let me know your fantasy airport app!

-44F
Old Jul 22, 2012, 4:39 am

Programs: AC*E, Accor Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by 44F
Howdy y'all,

I'm an iOS developer, and I am trying to brush up on my php skills by writing a web service and its accompanying app.

I'd like to write an app based on what the FT community thinks should be in an airport app. My ideas so far...

Airport Book Exchange: I'm stuck at HKG, and I've already finished my book, I can post it to the app as available. Another HKG traveler browsing the list of available books can contact me and scoop up my book.

Airport Currency Exchange: Along the same lines, a matching service for two people to exchange currency in an airport (there may be safety issues here that I don't want to deal with).

Please let me know your fantasy airport app!

-44F
Share a ride, i.e. from the airport to downtown.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
I'd like to see a map showing the gate I'm arriving at, the gate I'm departing from and the nearest airline club lounge.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Qatar Airways Privilege, Clan LoganAir
Duty Free prices by category (top 25)
Local taxi rates and booking option
Other local transport info and booking option
Airline lounge guest entry hook-up (ie people willing to take in someone else as a guest)
Free wifi availability
A "yes I know the gate is closing but I've only just landed on a delayed incoming flight and I'm getting to you as fast as I can, so please hold on a few minutes longer" app that magically contacts connecting outbound flight GAs?
Useful local emergency numbers directory (embassy/consulate, airline offices, etc)
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:07 am
44F
Original Poster

Ha! Love the lounge-buddy idea!

Also the share-a-taxi downtown idea!

Thanks y'all. Time to start coding!
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
since dating, and checkin apps are all the rage. create an app that detects others in the same airport that are looking to grab a drink. You can configure what your looking for weather it is networking with other business people, dinner, meeting up in a ff lounge or even meeting a potential date.

I think there are apps that do all of these separately. but not necessarily together.

i will gladly take equity in the company if this is a success.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.