Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unlocked MIFI Solution

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
According to this review, they got 20 hours using the iPad Mini as a hotspot.

http://www.slashgear.com/ipad-mini-4...izon-03259224/

I think when LTE networks are better settled, especially in Europe, I'll look to replace my Mifi with this, assuming they have a "global" LTE radio on these some day.

Of course, you can blow through data much faster on LTE.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, DL Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Mobile Hotspot Question

Hello All,

I'm traveling to South Korea, Tokyo, and Hong Kong next month and was hoping to find one mobile hotspot that I could use in all three countries. I'm not so much worried about voice, but would like to have data to look up addresses/google maps, ect.

While searching the forums I found a lot of country specific solutions but didn't see an agnostic solution. Is that because each country uses different bands for wireless communications?

Does anyone have any suggestions if such a thing exists?

Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:56 am

global 3G device

does anyone have any experience with this device seems like a nice alternative to finding sims in every country im going to visit in february

https://www.globalgig.com/
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
No experience, and I think suitability will depend on how much you need and where.

For me, traveling in Europe, North America and southern Africa and wanting personal use, it looked very expensive. Also, I'm not keen on rolling contracts when I'm not traveling.

As always, YMMV.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
i used iphonetrip awhile back, worked fine, but lately i bought a mifi 2352 and just buy sim cards, but it's annoying having to buy sim cards in each country but way cheaper and lots and lots more data.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:34 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
Unlocked Mifi Liberate in Europe?

I'm heading to Europe (UK & France) in February for 10 days. I have an unlocked AT&T Mifi Liberate that I wanted to see if I could rent a sim card for. I've searched around the interwebs and haven't found anything about being able to use them in Europe.

Alternatively, I could rent a mifi device from either Xcom, Tep, or TelecomSquare. Reviews seemed to be mixed on the rentals and connectivity. I like TelecomSquare because I live in SoCal and their pickup location is 20 min from my house. I'd love any advice or recommendations.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: IC RA
Originally Posted by reinmedia
I'm heading to Europe (UK & France) in February for 10 days. I have an unlocked AT&T Mifi Liberate that I wanted to see if I could rent a sim card for. I've searched around the interwebs and haven't found anything about being able to use them in Europe.

Alternatively, I could rent a mifi device from either Xcom, Tep, or TelecomSquare. Reviews seemed to be mixed on the rentals and connectivity. I like TelecomSquare because I live in SoCal and their pickup location is 20 min from my house. I'd love any advice or recommendations.
I can't help you any, but I do have a question for you. I've been looking for an unlocked Liberate myself. I haven't had any luck finding one. Did you unlock yours yourself?

Edit to add: on second thought, I don't see why picking up a sim from someone like 3UK wouldn't work.

I've used TEP. Couldn't connect for the first few days and their customer service was not outstanding by any means. They blamed it on the carrier. Once it started working it was great. Told a friend about them and he has used them twice with no issue.

Last edited by Investor 11; Feb 27, 2014 at 3:24 pm
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: DL-Gold, Starwood. Previously AA Gold and United Premier Gold, and OnePass
Just wondering if anyone has any specific device or brand recommendations for an GSM sim-unlocked wifi hotspot that I could use in Japan. There was a brand recommendation earlier in the thread for Cradlepoint, but it appears those are no longer in production.

On amazon I see several from Huawei and other brands- any experience with any of these models specifically?

The one I'm considering at this point is: http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00L664DYQ

Last edited by InfoMofo; Sep 14, 2014 at 10:08 am Reason: Add a specific example
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CC, Hyatt & IHG
I am planning to get Mifi device. How is 4G coverage in Europe?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Good in most of the big cities. However, not all the big carriers will offer LTE for prepaid data.

Consult specific countries in:

http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.c..._SIM_with_data

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.