Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
Interesting theory.
I've been wrong a lot in the past
Old Jan 9, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I'd love to see the Iphone on VZW with world capabilities and 4G/LTE. Let's see what is announced on Tues.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by chanp
I'd love to see the Iphone on VZW with world capabilities and 4G/LTE.
You, me, OP and hopefully enough others to make them believe it's worth doing.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/S273) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

By default it is locked but if you're a customer in good standing Verizon will gladly give you the unlock code. I've done this literally twelve times with various new and warranty replacement headsets.
+1 and just unlocked the Droid 2 World. I m returning the 2 world, not liking it too much and waiting for some new 4lte devices.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
You, me, OP and hopefully enough others to make them believe it's worth doing.
I dont see it right away, but eventually. I'm having to switch devices when I travel abroad. Lately its been once a month and getting old
Old Jan 9, 2011, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chanp
I dont see it right away, but eventually. I'm having to switch devices when I travel abroad. Lately its been once a month and getting old
One tech blog, sometimes wrong, swears Verizon will start selling the iPhone on February 3rd.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by LessO2
One tech blog, sometimes wrong, swears Verizon will start selling the iPhone on February 3rd.
I read the same thing, don't think it will be both cdma and gsm capable. Best would be iphone (although very restrictive) with cdma, gsm and 4LTE.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 2:42 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
If iPhones are available on Verizon starting in February, that sound y'all hear coming from central Connecticut will be my father squealing with joy. I'm keeping my current "dumbphone" for as long as it survives.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 4:15 am

Programs: Sometimes BA, sometimes AA
I'd be very surprised if they could find space to squeeze in the currently mass-marketable LTE chipsets into an iPhone. The LTE iPad idea is quite an interesting one.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I really hope the rumor's true. I hope...
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:28 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The Wall Street Journal has jumped on the announcement coming Tuesday for the Verizon Iphone bandwagon.

I don't see them releasing it with everything out of the gate. It's not how they usually operate. They need to get people hooked into a two year contract, then upgrade the phone causing everybody to pay full price for a new phone with the new features.

The Journal (not that they know any better than anybody else, just that they are read by far more people than the tech blogs) is saying it will be CDMA only.

Guess we will all know tomorrow.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by jbcarioca
I really hope the rumor's true. I hope...
CBS Evening News ran the story last night.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by cordelli
The Journal (not that they know any better than anybody else, just that they are read by far more people than the tech blogs) is saying it will be CDMA only.
Then my wallet will thank you.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by cordelli
The Wall Street Journal has jumped on the announcement coming Tuesday for the Verizon Iphone bandwagon.

I don't see them releasing it with everything out of the gate. It's not how they usually operate. They need to get people hooked into a two year contract, then upgrade the phone causing everybody to pay full price for a new phone with the new features.

Guess we will all know tomorrow.
Actually, it seems that WSJ has been the SOURCE of these rumors for the last 6 months or so. I can't find any articles that claim any independent confirmation of the ideal; they all either refer to a WSJ article, or simply say things like "prevailing feeling" or "industry opinions" or "the overwhemling hope". I can't find any that actually say, "our sources within Apple" or "our sources within Verizon".

If this announcement does turn out to be a Verizon iPhone announcement (I personally still think it's something else, like a 3G Verizon iPad), then it may be that WSJ has a source inside one of the companies.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:43 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
AT&T is acting like it's coming

In a statement to Silicon Alley Insider, AT&T spokesman Larry Solomon noted that AT&T's wireless technology allows for faster download speeds than Verizon.

"The iPhone is built for speed, but that's not what you get with a CDMA iPhone," he said. "I'm not sure iPhone users are ready for life in the slow lane."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.