Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Microsoft Office 2010 Beta free download

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: Executive Club, OnePass, SkyMiles, HH, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by JClishe
"Getting it right" is the entire reason for releasing beta software to the broader community and collecting feedback. You're speaking as if Office 2010 is a released product. If you don't want to be a beta tester, then don't.
I've beta tested many programs over the years, and continue to do so, including Windows 7 which was a great product even in it's beta stages. You can certainly tell a good software even in beta stages with all the bugs. I'm glad it's working for you, obviously others have the same issue as the pointed out in the link I posted by infoworld, a well respected technology magazine, you should read some of the comments there before making any judgements! http://www.infoworld.com/d/windows/w...ffice-2010-586
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:07 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dreamwks
I've beta tested many programs over the years, and continue to do so, including Windows 7 which was a great product even in it's beta stages. You can certainly tell a good software even in beta stages with all the bugs. I'm glad it's working for you, obviously others have the same issue as the pointed out in the link I posted by infoworld, a well respected technology magazine, you should read some of the comments there before making any judgements! http://www.infoworld.com/d/windows/w...ffice-2010-586
I didn't make any judgements, I merely said that the beta process is entirely about "making it right" by collecting feedback, and that Office 2010 has worked great for me. Those aren't judgements, those are realities.

I did read some of the InfoWorld comments, and I saw comments like "rock solid" in there as well. Office upgrades are always a mixed bag. There's always your early adopters that jump on the bandwagon at the beta stage, and then your laggards that resist upgrading and find plenty of things to complain about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.