Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Getting the best deal on Tumi: Negotiating in store, outlet or online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting the best deal on Tumi: Negotiating in store, outlet or online?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2008, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Wow, a nearby costco just received a shipment of Tumis - 5 different models from alpha collection (2 backpacks, 22" carryon, wheeled brief and wheeled duffel). Priced <50% of retail. I picked up tumi 26102 for $230 (costco item 296478 if you want to call and check).

Costco return policy + Tumi = ^
I have never seem Tumi's at Costcos. Not even decent Samsonite.
Old May 8, 2008, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pred02
I have never seem Tumi's at Costcos. Not even decent Samsonite.
i think they started receiving them this week; call and check, another store had three models including a leather 20" (I think) carryon
Old May 10, 2008, 10:34 am

Tumis at Costco

Saw a duffel bag type Tumi at the Taichung Costco... haven't seen it here in Texas yet.
Old May 18, 2008, 10:17 pm

I can confirm that Costco is starting to carry TUMI, my local Costco (TUCSON AZ, GRANT COSTCO) had 3 styles in stock for about %45 off MSRP, one type of Leather backpack and two types of carry on's. I bought two of the Leather backpack (STYLE #92182D4), This style is not listed on TUMI website or any other site I've searched, I only found one on eBay at this link, (good pictures)

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI....2BSI%26otn%3D4

The Quality on this backpack is second to none in my opinion....
it does come with TRACER program and serial number...
Old May 18, 2008, 11:43 pm

I can confirm that Costco is starting to carry TUMI, my local Costco (TUCSON AZ, GRANT COSTCO) had 3 styles in for about %50 off MSRP, Leather backpack and two types of carry on. I bought two of the Leather backpack (STYLE #92182D4), This style is not listed on TUMI website or any other site I've searched, I only found one on eBay at this link, (good pictures)

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI....ayphotohosting

The Quality on this backpack is second to none in my opinion....it does come with TRACER program and serial number...
Old May 19, 2008, 7:07 am

I can confirm that Costco is starting to carry TUMI, my local Costco (TUCSON AZ, GRANT COSTCO) had 3 styles in for about %45 off MSRP, Leather backpack and two types of carry on. I bought two of the Leather backpack (STYLE 92182D4), This style is not listed on TUMI website or any other site I've searched, The Quality on this backpack is second to none in my opinion....it does come with TRACER program and serial number...
Old May 19, 2008, 7:10 am

I only found one on eBay at this link, (good pictures)

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI....ayphotohosting
Old May 19, 2008, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most of the discussion here seems to be around the USA- however this IS FT.. so I have always found by far the best deals at the Lane Crawford stores in Hong Kong- particularly the location in the IFC has very good prices, and if you are a Lane Crawford preferred customer you can get 10% further off- you can become a preferred customer by spending 10,000 HKD in one go- which makes it an even better deal. The warranty is also the international Tumi warranty, and like Nordstroms L C has very good service (although no USA locations).
Old May 19, 2008, 9:44 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
I have also purchased Tumi at an outlet store, and it carried the full warranty. Never tried to negotiate a price. I agree that Nordstrom is great about just taking the bag and sending it out to be repaired. Have also taken it to the Tumi store and gotten very good service. Never an argument.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 6:39 am

Wink Getting the best deal on Tumi: Negotiating in store, outlet or online?

I think Outlet Store is the best option....Actually 4 years ago i purchase a handbag for my sister from online..Leather was worst...i got used bag...i always prefer Outlet Store..i fell top of the world when i get Coach Outlet Coupon...
Old Jun 7, 2010, 6:01 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by medison
I think Outlet Store is the best option....
You do know you're responding to a thread that's over two years old; right?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Just read the whole thread from start to finish - seems pretty timeless to me! What I could really do with is a handy price arbitrage guide. It seems the UK is not the place to be buying Tumi given that the wheeled garment carry on I have my eye on is 575 in the UK and $595 in the US...
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Platinum)
For those looking at this post in summer 2010, ebags has got a big Tumi sale going on at present:

http://www.ebags.com/category/summer-sale/20047283
Old Jun 25, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
While I'm pretty sure I'll be SOL if I need a warranty repair, I just bought a Tumi Alpha Continental 20" wide roller on ebay for $400 delivered. Description says it is in all factory packaging with tags, manuals, etc. List price was $595 and I tried everywhere to get it for less.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Any more recent good deals around? I need a new rolling laptop bag and possibly a 22" roller.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.