Wiki Posts
Search

Scottevest

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2023, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
The problem with most travelers, is they have no idea
Thanks for all that.

I maintain my point of not wanting to wear a gadget-filled vest outside of the spots where things get weighed. Heat is a consideration. Weight of all that gear is. Comfort and style are too.

What I actually asked about, a vest that (while filled) can fold into itself, doesn’t seem to exist. Not from this brand or others. The solution I guess remains carrying a thin bag I can fold the vest into.

Last edited by gadget; Dec 26, 2023 at 11:07 pm
Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:39 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by gadget
That’s where I live. Could you share details?
The floor ( I think it is the 2nd or 3rd ) where they have the street market. From the BTS side it is on your extreme right but you have to turn right just before you enter the street market. It is a corner shop and you might miss it if you do not look closely. Normally he stitches suits and shirts and does orders for pilots uniforms too. He has leather jackets too hanging outside.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd
The floor ( I think it is the 2nd or 3rd ) where they have the street market. From the BTS side it is on your extreme right but you have to turn right just before you enter the street market. It is a corner shop and you might miss it if you do not look closely. Normally he stitches suits and shirts and does orders for pilots uniforms too. He has leather jackets too hanging outside.
Thanks …. But … which store/mall? 😁
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 9:36 am

Thanks …. But … which store/mall? 😁
Sorry it was MBK. They have at the far end ( towards the hotel end) a Bangkok Street where it is like a street. But this one is before that on the extreme right side when you go towards it. It is in a corner so you actually have to make a right turn. Is a Nepali or a Bangladeshi guy.
It saves me trying to put everything in various pockets in the hand luggage when going thru security screening or trying to open my carry on inside the aircraft to grab something needed in that moment in time. I do not need to carry heavy stuff due to heavy carry on at all. It is convenient to have all what is needed handy inside the aircraft.
His name is Gopal.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 5:36 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
If anyone finds Gopal, please do report back!
Old Dec 29, 2023, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
If anyone finds Gopal, please do report back!
I found him using the instructions from daviddd . Gopal's booth number is 3D240 obviously on the third floor in zone D. His number is +66854088097.

I had a look at a vest there, but it was a "normal vest with pockets" and not so much the Scottevest clone I was hoping for. He said '2000 baht' which today is $57, so makes sense. I discussed it with Gopal and he said to send him pictures or videos and he'd give me a quote. If I end up doing that, I'll report back here.
Davvidd likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 7:33 am

I found him using the instructions from daviddd . Gopal's booth number is 3D240 obviously on the third floor in zone D. His number is +66854088097.

I had a look at a vest there, but it was a "normal vest with pockets" and not so much the Scottevest clone I was hoping for. He said '2000 baht' which today is $57, so makes sense. I discussed it with Gopal and he said to send him pictures or videos and he'd give me a quote. If I end up doing that, I'll report back here.
I got a better deal from him as I was with some guys he knew so 1500 was a good deal for me when compared to the other choices available. I have never used a Scottvest so do not know the difference but what he sold suited me perfect and especially with that price it was a good buy for me. All I needed was a vest with a lot of pockets that I can use when traveling so that I do not have to put stuff in my carryon that I would need when inside the aircraft. Did the ones he showed you had inside and outside pockets too?
Please let us know what he quotes on the "Scottvest" clone for you? Thanks .
Old Dec 30, 2023, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Davvidd
I have never used a Scottvest so do not know the difference .
I'm not sure what those cloned vests have or don't have, but what comes in handy with my Scottevest (featherlight vest) is that is lightweight polyester like umbrella material first of all, and there's slip pouches for ink pens two on each side inside top and there's a large hand pocket for a full size water bottle. There's other features but those two I use constantly when traveling and wouldn't be without.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I'm not sure what those cloned vests have or don't have, but what comes in handy with my Scottevest (featherlight vest) is that is lightweight polyester like umbrella material first of all, and there's slip pouches for ink pens two on each side inside top and there's a large hand pocket for a full size water bottle. There's other features but those two I use constantly when traveling and wouldn't be without.
It certainly does not have the hand pocket large enough for a full size water bottle. It has 3 pockets on each side but I would say that to put two big items in the two lower pockets would be a stretch. Then there are two inside pockets but no pen holders. The vest is fairly light and stitched comparatively well. I like the cut of it and it is easy to wear and not tight or too loose. Mr. Gopal does orders so he may be able to come up with something if someone is able to show him something like a Scottvest. For 100 USD if he does a good design I am willing to buy one too. The current one I bought from him is good enough for what I paid but if he does a better one I will buy for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.