Reload this Page >

RIMOWA Luggage Brand Protection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RIMOWA Luggage Brand Protection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by Chris2013
Why would you own 25 pieces of luggage period? Seems like a waste considering you can only utilize a few bags on any given trip.
Not everyone travels light.
bulbmogul likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger

Look at the great photographers of the 20th century - Brassai, Capa, Mapplethorpe, etc and look at the rig they used. It's glaringly obvious that great photos are made in the head of the photographer, not by his/her kit.
Alfred Eisenstaedt always used a Leica.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by bulbmogul
Kids will have a hell of a garage sale with all my "BLING MINT" Unused Aluminum check luggage i bought over the years. Mine all have the add a bag feature but never ever would have anything to strap to the case... They all still look nice new and shiny..
Let me know when and where.

bulbmogul Ordinarily, I would never dare ask this question, but what's behind this lifestyle? Do you get like a dollar for every lightbulb sold in America?
bulbmogul likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
My point is that if you compare their gear in the 30’s - 50’s to today’s top gear (even prosumer gear) technically the old gear is left in the dust - even if they were TOTL at the time.

still, the work they created is classic top flight art.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Not everyone travels light.
Yes one must always have a backup to the backup and a spare just in case like Leica and Nikon Cameras or watches for that matter.. But no stainless flipping junk..
Old Jul 9, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum Elite, Delta Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by bulbmogul
Yes one must always have a backup to the backup and a spare just in case like Leica and Nikon Cameras or watches for that matter.. But no stainless flipping junk..
You do realize that all Rolex watches have the same type of mechanical movement and the material of the bracelet and case have no bearing on the performance on the watch correct? Seems like someone has an inferiority complex...
sea_jeff likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone here yet upgraded their wheels on the aluminum carryons to the cool looking new colored wheel sets..?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:11 am

RIMOWA just released their new advertising campaign starring Rihanna, Patti Smith, LeBron James & Roger Federer:

I think this is moving in the right direction.

More here: https://rimowa.com/never-still-3
bulbmogul likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I love Patti, but this... the godmother of punk peddling overpriced luggage? Shame, shame, shame.

(BTW I never understood why people would buy a brand just because the brand paid a ton of money to some "celebrity")
Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:26 am
Original Poster

I love Patti, but this... the godmother of punk peddling overpriced luggage? Shame, shame, shame.

(BTW I never understood why people would buy a brand just because the brand paid a ton of money to some "celebrity")
Sure agree with you on that just like many others to in LEICA in Cameras.......
Old Oct 20, 2021, 2:14 am
Original Poster

My point is that if you compare their gear in the 30’s - 50’s to today’s top gear (even prosumer gear) technically the old gear is left in the dust - even if they were TOTL at the time.

still, the work they created is classic top flight art.
Looks like any day now leica will be releasing the new M11 Rangefinder Camera... Interesting
Old Nov 2, 2021, 4:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by slowtrotter
RIMOWA just released their new advertising campaign starring Rihanna, Patti Smith, LeBron James & Roger Federer:

https://youtu.be/XJCZca8YGjY

I think this is moving in the right direction.

More here: https://rimowa.com/never-still-3
I actually like the dimensions of Lebron's Cabin Plus here - I have a Cabin Small in polycarbonate that I need to replace, I am debating whether to get the regular or plus size (I tend to run out of space in the small). I figure I may also need a small, so thinking about whether it makes sense to buy something more inexpensive like Away for that
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Can someone explain the purpose of those luggage belts? I can't see the point of paying 250 USD for something thad adds absolutely no utility nor aesthetic to the case.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LH4116
Can someone explain the purpose of those luggage belts? I can't see the point of paying 250 USD for something thad adds absolutely no utility nor aesthetic to the case.
someone is buying them and I do own one of them but to much Hasselblad putting it on and off case..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.