Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

What brand and what type of wallet do you use?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What brand and what type of wallet do you use?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
John Lobb Caviar Billfold Wallet. Quality of leather is very good (as they're excellent shoe makers, and have access to great leather), and the finishing (like the stitching and burnishing) is well done. I believe they are owned by Hermes.
Magna likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Magna
Wow, only 3 . . . do you mean 3 credit cards and however many IDs (license, work, health), so total = 6?

How did you decide which credit cards to carry? What was your criteria? Thanks in advance.
I carry my driver's license, a debit card, and a credit card. My insurance cards are small pieces of paper, so I don't count those. They hardly take up any space. What made it possible are 1) Google pay, and 2) the realization that I can stash cards where they'll be used. So my phone has multiple cards saved to it and I stash my only-for-refueling card in my car. Wasn't feasible until a year ago.

I carry my govt access card separately so that I don't accidentally take it places where it's not needed. Work badge is too bulky for any wallet, so it just goes in my pocket or bag.

The only credit card I carry is the one I know I need day to day. The cafeteria at work only supports card swipes, for example. It also covers the few random things I can't use my phone to pay for.

If I need, say, my PP card because I'm traveling, that goes in my carry-on.
Magna likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by finlandia
I went with one wallet by Relje. They make both very minimalist and more normal-capacity wallets. Very high quality stuff. Handmade in Sicily by a guy from Hawaii. And if you would like a design tweaked or made up from scratch, he'll do whatever you want. Won't be cheap, though.

I would urge you to reconsider carrying around that many cards, though. I used to, but now I carry three with no problem.
Three cards? Not possible for me. Driver's license, health card, gun license, one ATM card and two credit cards (business and personal) would be the absolute minimum when at home. On the road added to the aforementioned would be would be supplementary insurance card, second credit card and Aeroplan card. A third credit card and second ATM card would be back in my hotel safe.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:49 pm
Suspended

I’ve got two Louis Vuitton wallets that I carry, depending on the occasion. One is a regular, plush leather wallet for the back pocket. The other is of a canvas style that can hold 3-4 cards or so and goes in my front pocket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.