Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

What brand and what type of wallet do you use?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What brand and what type of wallet do you use?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:43 am

Armani
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I've been using the Secrid Slim Wallet since I received it as a Christmas gift.
Pros: It's fairly slim and suitable for a front pocket.
Main cardholder fits up to 5 cards and you can fit probably 4 more in the leather sleeve, along with cash.
The leather is actually pretty nice. It has worn well, good character.
Apparently the aluminum shields against RFID scanners.
The mechanism to release the cards from the main cardholder is pretty neat.

Cons: Not as slim as my previous Coach card-holder.
No real place to put business cards or receipts, if you hang onto those.
It's metal, so it needs to come out of my pocket when going through metal detectors.
The wallet part is effectively a tri-fold, so bills have 2 folds instead of just 1
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I carry a Waterfield Design Finn wallet in the compact design. It holds a lot with a zipper around it which I’ve grown to like.
Do you think the International size will fit in the front pocket? It's a half inch wider.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Magna
Do you think the International size will fit in the front pocket? It's a half inch wider.

I honestly don't know. I was thinking of getting one myself in that size as well. The compact fits easily. They have great customer service. Either chat with them on their web site or send them an email and ask them, I would suggest.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I honestly don't know. I was thinking of getting one myself in that size as well. The compact fits easily. They have great customer service. Either chat with them on their web site or send them an email and ask them, I would suggest.
Good idea, I'll do that. Meanwhile, in what ways do you find the Compact a little small for your needs?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

So many good ideas in this thread. Thanks.

I need to carry medicine with me on a daily basis and they come in individual packets so I would put them with my cash in a traditional 8 credit card wallet in my front pocket. This used to work well since I don't carry much cash, but it's getting a bit bulky. Also, I've been wearing jeans on a daily basis for a while and soon will need to wear chinos, and suit pants on occasion. I don't like how chinos and suit pants have the front-pocket opening at the side vs opening at top with jeans. I've had a few things fall out my chino front-pockets over the years, especially if I cross my legs while sitting down like how men typically do it by resting their ankle on their opposite knee. Maybe the solution is getting a wallet that's wide, so it couldn't just slip out. When wearing suit pants I think I'll need a thin wallet as suit pant material is usually delicate.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Magna
Good idea, I'll do that. Meanwhile, in what ways do you find the Compact a little small for your needs?
if I have a lot of cash or paper it can sometimes get caught a bit when I zip it closed. I can’t recall it falling out of my pocket though.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I have an inexpensive George Costanza wallet I got from a leather store in L.A. several years ago that I don't carry in my pocket, but instead my briefcase - has like 16 card slots. I also have a Saddleback travel wallet, cause it's pretty and holds plenty.

If I need a card, I put said card in the 5th pocket of my jeans or another front pocket. This is usually when I need to go to an ATM, or if I'm going somewhere that I'm concerned won't work with Samsung Pay (rare). Most of my purchases are done with my phone now.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:03 pm

Armani

I use Armani
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
These guys are local. I love carbon fiber. They do custom engraving so my stuff has my name in Chinese characters instead of somebody else’s name

RFID protective. Really happy with their products.

https://commonfibers.com/collections...nt=44457348548

Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
The last Tumi I had lasted like 24 months. I have had a Ghurka for about 10 years. Might look even better than when it was out of the box new.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I went with one wallet by Relje. They make both very minimalist and more normal-capacity wallets. Very high quality stuff. Handmade in Sicily by a guy from Hawaii. And if you would like a design tweaked or made up from scratch, he'll do whatever you want. Won't be cheap, though.

I would urge you to reconsider carrying around that many cards, though. I used to, but now I carry three with no problem.
Magna likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by finlandia
I went with one wallet by Relje. They make both very minimalist and more normal-capacity wallets. Very high quality stuff. Handmade in Sicily by a guy from Hawaii. And if you would like a design tweaked or made up from scratch, he'll do whatever you want. Won't be cheap, though.

I would urge you to reconsider carrying around that many cards, though. I used to, but now I carry three with no problem.
Wow, only 3 . . . do you mean 3 credit cards and however many IDs (license, work, health), so total = 6?

How did you decide which credit cards to carry? What was your criteria? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
I currently use a Launer 12 CC wallet. It has 2 currency compartments and the usual 2 secret compartments which should be big enough to tuck in my passport as well.
Magna likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by Catskilltraveller
The last Tumi I had lasted like 24 months. I have had a Ghurka for about 10 years. Might look even better than when it was out of the
boxnew.
I had a similar experience with Tumi slgs. Mine started to literally fall apart just after the 24 month warranty period and I tried to hold on to it longer out of stubbornness.

Last edited by TPACjv; Aug 18, 2019 at 5:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.