Heys Crown Edition III Luggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heys Crown Edition III Luggage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - GM, HH honors - GM, Marriott - GM, Hyatt Passport - PM, Hertz - Gold, Avis - Preferred
Question Heys Crown Edition III Luggage

Hi Gang!

I am consultant who travels frequently. Its time to buy some new luggage. After researching and literally driving myself crazy reading everything on the internet...Here I am still with questions.

Has anyone owned this luggage? I haven't been able to find very many reviews on it. My understanding is that this is the more upscale version of Heys luggage set's. I would like to purchase the 21" spinner and the matching business case.

Now I know there are a ton of other options out there. However, I am looking for something with a little style and I don't want the standard black, tan, olive colored luggage that everyone carries.

Here are my questions:
Is it sturdy?
Does it hold up over time?
Does it scratch easily?
Are warranties really important? I know its nice to have but do you find that you have to use it often?
Is luggage expensive to repair?

Thanks in Advance ^
Old Aug 26, 2012, 3:11 pm

First: Welcome.

Second: A couple thoughts:

If you are planning on using the business case and the spinner together you are giving yourself the hassle and weight of two sets of wheels.

I can't speak to this specific luggage, but:

1) All luggage scratches and wears. Much less if you carry on and are careful with it, more so if you check it. But it happens.
2) How much you use a warranty depends, in addition to the bag itself: How often you use it (or how long until you'll replace it for other reasons), how often you check it or do other harsh things with it, and how diligent you are about actually claiming the warranty. If you plan on checking it often, then a warranty that covers that damage is probably valuable. If you will carry it on exclusively and will want a new bag every so often anyway, it's probably less valuable. Spinner wheels in particular tend to not be that durable as checked luggage. Note that the warranty on those bags doesn't cover wear, tear, airline abuse, etc...
3) Repair costs depend on labor costs and parts. I think the labor on almost any repair would be less than $50. Parts tend not to break the bank, but that sometimes depends on the brand.

Are you looking for recommendations for other bags you might be interested in? Or just feedback on those specifically?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - GM, HH honors - GM, Marriott - GM, Hyatt Passport - PM, Hertz - Gold, Avis - Preferred
Thanks Oshelef

I appreciate your response you have definitely given me some things to think about.

In regards to the spinner and business case I would attach the case to the spinner using a trolley strap (I assume that this is what its called). In other words it would combined both pieces for easy commute.

I am interested in this brand but I am open to other brands of luggage as long as it involve these 2 pieces.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by nmt12
Thanks Oshelef

I appreciate your response you have definitely given me some things to think about.

In regards to the spinner and business case I would attach the case to the spinner using a trolley strap (I assume that this is what its called). In other words it would combined both pieces for easy commute.

I am interested in this brand but I am open to other brands of luggage as long as it involve these 2 pieces.
Do you need the business case to have wheels? Even with a trolley strap, it's much easier if the business case sits ontop of the upright

You want color. Do you also want hard sides? Is a spinner (as opposed to two-wheel) upright a requirement?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:35 am

Heys Crown III

I have used a Heys Crown III carry on for over a year and am satisfied. I usually carry it on but have to check it on smaller planes. It has a few rub marks but still looks fine. It looks like it will hold up forever. It came with a 7 year warranty but after using it I doubt it will ever be needed. Others in my company have also used the Heys Crown and have been satisfied. Most of us fly 3-4 times a month so they get good use. They are well built out of quality materials. Hope this helps you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.