Reload this Page >

Tumi vs. Travelpro vs. Briggs & Riley Quality

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tumi vs. Travelpro vs. Briggs & Riley Quality

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Where to buy Tumi?

There are not many retailers offering discounts, Macy's FF sale excludes Tumi so where should I buy from for best deal?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:34 pm

I bought myself a Tumi T-Tech bag back in 2014, I got a hell of a deal on it and I had read about how good Tumi was and their warranty being great.

The interior liner tore the second time I used it. I sent it in to possibly be repaired, which I had to pay shipping for. They said they couldn't fix it, they offered me a credit equal to what I paid for it. Like I said, I got a hell of a deal on it, basically this credit would get me a briefcase if I was lucky, not another carry-on bag. They also did not refund my shipping.

I would not buy another bag from them.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by navatwal
There are not many retailers offering discounts, Macy's FF sale excludes Tumi so where should I buy from for best deal?
Ebags and Amazon occasionally have Tumi sales.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Any recent thoughts as to the quality of Tumi following the Samsonite acquisition? I've owned a handful of Tumi products over the years (may the gods rest the soul of the Dakota line!), and have certainly been satisfied with their quality and durability. In fact, my Tumi backpack (circa 2014) goes absolutely everywhere that I go every single day, even when not "traveling," per se. In any event, I was planning to look elsewhere following the Samsonite thing - only to learn that my wife has already purchased an early Christmas gift of a new Tumi bag of some sort that'll arrive the week coming. I confess that I'm a bit apprehensive, given the long and close relationship I (like most of you) forge with my luggage. And given that she often drops and collects me to/from the airport, it's not as though I'll have the option of any kind of illicit behind-the-scenes thing if this goes badly...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.