Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Briefcase suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Joncorde
I spent a good (no joke) 1hr at the Tumi store today in search of a new briefcase, and was completely torn between 26145 (T-Pass version of 26141, I believe) and 26516. Didn't end up getting either, I need to think about this one carefully!

No doubt it is definitely the king of briefcases, but dang that thing is huge! I'm concerned 26145/26141 are going to be overkill for daily commuting to and from work on the subway, which is why I looked at 26516. It's only a $50 between the two difference- I'm more concerned about overall day-to-day portability.
I have the 26145 and absolutely love it. It is large, but isn't overly heavy or bulky when just carrying everyday items. One other great thing about it is that it fits under the seat in front of you 'standing up'(On UA at least) so you can still stretch your legs out.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Saucer
I have the 26145 and absolutely love it. It is large, but isn't overly heavy or bulky when just carrying everyday items. One other great thing about it is that it fits under the seat in front of you 'standing up'(On UA at least) so you can still stretch your legs out.
I'm so tempted. I think it'd make for an excellent bag for when flying etc., but I'm really not sure about using it for day-to-day commuting to work via subway. I need to make up my mind soon, though!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:03 pm

Like others have said, choosing a briefcase is something very personal.

Me? I'd probably have two as the one that is suitable for my office won't hold all the stuff I'd need traveling and the traveling one is too big for daily use.

For my office case I have an old no-name bag that looks like a Gladstone bag, while my travel bag is either a rolling Briggs & Riley (for a techie day trip) or a Tom Bihn TriStar for overnights.

The B&R would work nicely for an office bag as well but it is a bit large for the stuff I generally drag back and forth.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by cb1111
Like others have said, choosing a briefcase is something very personal.

Me? I'd probably have two as the one that is suitable for my office won't hold all the stuff I'd need traveling and the traveling one is too big for daily use.

For my office case I have an old no-name bag that looks like a Gladstone bag, while my travel bag is either a rolling Briggs & Riley (for a techie day trip) or a Tom Bihn TriStar for overnights.

The B&R would work nicely for an office bag as well but it is a bit large for the stuff I generally drag back and forth.

Welcome to Flyertalk. I agree, I have 3 briefcases and a backpack that are different sizes. I use one of the two smaller ones for going to the office, depending on how much I am carrying. I use the largest or the medium for travel or if I really need to carry a lot, the backpack. Occasionally I use a Tristar too for travel, but Im not really counting it as a briefcase. The small one is a small messenger bag from SFBags.com, the next largest is a Red Oxx Metro and the largest is a B&R expandable briefcase. The backpack is an LL Bean Turbo transit. Either the B&R or the backpack can and at times do double in a small overnight one bag role.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.