Wiki Posts
Search

er, luggage? 2 months in Asia w/kids

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: I am a lowly ant
er, luggage? 2 months in Asia w/kids

we are spending 2 months in India and Indonesia with our 2 children (9, 4)

We have some rolling cases just too big to rollaboard (too big or too small), a huge rolling suitcase that's heavy and likely to fall apart.

We have one of those sit-on childrens carry-ons, some disintegrating daypacks, and two good-quality large (80 litre?) rucksacks. Oh and a laptop bag that needs to be replaced. We tend to store two laptops (both 13") and books, magazines, etc.

We also will bring a large 3-wheel rugged stroller/pushchair for the younger child (adverse to heat).

My wife brings back lots of stuff from Indonesia, we will be subject to a 20kg lugagge allowance each, I think we bring the two rucksacks, but I think we need more luggage, but then carrying it becomes tricky as the kids can't carry. So maybe rolling luggage? Also we definitely need I think two good-quality (but inexpensive) carry-ons for the laptops.

Thoughts?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Obviously not.

So can anyone recommend a casual laptop bag? Relatively cheap please.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:05 am

Costco usually has some cheap but decent laptop bag options.

The luggage is good for the price as well.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

I bought a 4-wheel Sub Zero G - aka IT-0-4 (Landor & Hawa). These are sold by various UK retailers in the two-wheel variant, but the 4-wheels seems rarer.

I paid 92 for the large. You can get the two-wheel large for 60 from Argos (among other places), but the 4-wheel is better (I compared the two in the shop, the handle on the 2-wheel is not nice). SHown here: http://www.directluggage.co.uk/it-0-...7cm-black.html

Available in noxious colours for 70 here: http://www.bagsetc.co.uk/index.asp?p...T+%D84&level3=

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.