Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beautiful Images...Just Because

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 7:03 pm

Programs: Gate Lice, Credit Card Cattle
Originally Posted by the_happiness_store
A technical question for the people here.
I use FF both at work and at home. At work this thread shows the pictures inline. At home, I am offered links to click on. I checked my addons and there seems to be nothing that would cause the the problems.
FYI, I didn't login to FT and I can still view the inline pics. I only login to check private messages and reply forum messages.

Are you using a Firewall software at home? If yes, it's probably due to the "ad blocking" setting or the "disable third party cookies" or "do not allow re-directed links". I had the same issue on one of my computer until I disable the ad blocking feature and manually add FT as a "trust - safe site".
Remember to close the browser, clear the history and cache and open the FT page again after you changed the firewall setting.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by cheepneezy
Are you actually logged in at work? I think the default when not logged in is to show the actual picture.

When logged in, you need to have this option set: click on "My Flyertalk" and then "Edit Options". In the "Thread Display Options" area, be sure the "Show Images" box is checked.
Bingo.

I just logged out and the images were inline. Logged in and back to the links. Changed the option and it works.

Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm going to use this as my practice post until I get it right.

Halakeala at sunrise.

The Bellagio

Thank you very much mod.

Last edited by the_happiness_store; Jan 28, 2009 at 8:31 pm Reason: deleted not my picture, was using as a sample
Old Jan 28, 2009, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My try
deleted.

The picture is far too wide. I need to do some research and find out how to make it fit within the boundaries of a FT window.

PS:

I must thank (I assume the moderator) because I see that I'm now subscribed to the "How to embed pictures thread". Not my doing since I never subscribed. Pretty impressive. Thanks moderator. ^

Last edited by the_happiness_store; Jan 28, 2009 at 8:14 pm Reason: Thanking the mod
Old Jan 30, 2009, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Platinum Premier, Hertz PC, HH Diamond
Sonoma county, at dusk.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrodmanjr/3237172171/

Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Two Photos From Atop Mount Royal

Montreal Skyline

Horse-Drawn Carriage and Skyline
Old Feb 1, 2009, 2:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by par8thed
Could someone please shed some light as to how to take a photo of a moving object in focus but with a blurry background, as is the case with the this photo? I'm not sure if this is common or not, but I can't seem picture in my head how to do this.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by i_fly_AA
Could someone please shed some light as to how to take a photo of a moving object in focus but with a blurry background, as is the case with the this photo? I'm not sure if this is common or not, but I can't seem picture in my head how to do this.
The technique is called panning. You move your camera with the tram, while you press the shutter. Do it smoothly until the the shutter is shut. You need to experiment with the shutter speed. Too long an exposure, and your foreground subject will have motion blur. Too short an exposure, and you don't get enough blur in the background. You most often see it for motorsports or cycling, etc. Here are a couple of mine (not the best, as because the car is coming to me at an angle, I cannot get the whole car sharp with the slow shutter speed):

Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by rkkwan
The technique is called panning. You move your camera with the tram, while you press the shutter. Do it smoothly until the the shutter is shut. You need to experiment with the shutter speed. Too long an exposure, and your foreground subject will have motion blur. Too short an exposure, and you don't get enough blur in the background. You most often see it for motorsports or cycling, etc. Here are a couple of mine (not the best, as because the car is coming to me at an angle, I cannot get the whole car sharp with the slow shutter speed):

Gotcha...thanks for the info. I'll have to give that a try next chance I get, if I can get the proper shutter speed (something that I still have trouble with even in regular shots).
Old Feb 5, 2009, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
For those in warm weather, here are some more wintry weather shots to make you jealous and yearn to switch places.

Wait a minute, maybe I have that backwards....

Beaver Creek, CO
(Shot with my 4-yr old's pink toy camera, so apologies for the technical abberations)
Old Feb 6, 2009, 5:41 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by CPRich
Beaver Creek, CO
(Shot with my 4-yr old's pink toy camera, so apologies for the technical abberations)
Nice shots!
If thoses are the results, where can I get a pink toy camera? Though I suspect it's the photographer rather than the camera.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Quebec City is my new favorite destination in Canada. It was absolutely stunning. I don't believe the temperature ever got above 5 the entire time I was there, though.

Sled Dog at Lac Beauport, Quebec

Sledding Run in Quebec City

Levis Ferry at Dusk

View of Old Quebec

Building Murals in Old Quebec

Notre Dame Des Victoires - Quebec City
Old Feb 6, 2009, 12:16 pm

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
I think that this turned out rather nicely for a random shot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35138935@N02/3258800542/
Old Feb 6, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Quebec City is my new favorite destination in Canada. It was absolutely stunning. I don't believe the temperature ever got above 5 the entire time I was there, though.
Great pics of this lovely city. Quebec is also my favorite, particularly during the Carnaval de Québec.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 3:13 am

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
Looking at rkkwan's images of race cars got me looking into my own pics from races...

NASCAR Driver Kevin Harvick coming onto Pit Road during a practice session on March 10, 2007. Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, NV.

NASCAR Nextel Cup cars waiting to go out for practice on March 10, 2007.

Going into turn 4. March 11, 2007, Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Last edited by wsucougarchick05; Feb 10, 2009 at 3:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.