Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Pedi Paws

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:02 am

Programs: DL, Hhonors Gold
My vet will grind the nails for a small fee; that way you get the nails trimmed but you dont' have to pay for a full grooming. I used to do this with my last Boxer, as his nails used to grow at a maddening rate.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
We found one at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for half price, and have tried to let Cobaka adjust to it. She doesn't like the noise, and barks and tries to bite at it. She'll then go postal, running through the house, so I don't think it'll work for her.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA
Once Celine got used to the noise and vibration, she's fairly cooperative. It's way easier to sneak up on her when she's asleep and relaxed. We're still waiting for her to hold up her paw like the dog on TV.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Night Owl
Once Celine got used to the noise and vibration, she's fairly cooperative. It's way easier to sneak up on her when she's asleep and relaxed. We're still waiting for her to hold up her paw like the dog on TV.
We keep trying to get her used to it, but she's still not cooperating enough to let us try it with her paw.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 7:47 pm
Commander Catcop

The noise is one big issue of this device.

One of the clients got one for me and I tried it on Eddie who promptly responded by Bitting on the thing and growling at it.

I guess the best thing is letting a trained professional do it. One of the few things I won't do for clients is try to clip nails. I have visions of clipping the wrong way and then there's blood and hostile Kitties and a BIG MESS>
Old Nov 22, 2008, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Catman
The noise is one big issue of this device.

One of the clients got one for me and I tried it on Eddie who promptly responded by Bitting on the thing and growling at it.

I guess the best thing is letting a trained professional do it. One of the few things I won't do for clients is try to clip nails. I have visions of clipping the wrong way and then there's blood and hostile Kitties and a BIG MESS>
Cobaka reacts the same way by biting on it. I'm glad to know she's not the only one who reacts that way!
Old Dec 21, 2008, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

We finally were able to use this on Cobaka this morning. Mr. Kipper held her very securely, while I used it on her two front paws. She resolved herself to having it done, and relaxed a bit while we were using the PediPaws. It worked farly well, although I didn't file a few of them quite enough apparently. We didn't try the back paws because her nails there aren't nearly as long, and we didn't want to stress her too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.