Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

Pat Robertson says God closed airports with winter storm because of gays.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pat Robertson says God closed airports with winter storm because of gays.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Unhappy

The story may be satire, but our friend Pat Robertson did say that a meteor may hit Disney World in Florida when they had a gay-friendly park day, and that Haiti was hit by an earthquake due to the fact that they shunned the French..... Or some foolishness similar to that.....

That's the reason it didn't surprise me at all to see this thread. He's out there.... I grew up watching Pat Robertson because my grandma loved him, and I spent a lot of time at her house..... Oh yeah that "700 Club"!
Old Jan 1, 2011, 2:24 am

Would anyone be really surprised if a story came out about Pat's "wide stance"?
Old Jan 1, 2011, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alanR
Would anyone be really surprised if a story came out about Pat's "wide stance"?

Not in the least. Nor would I be surprised when he was defended as being "under attack by left wing blogs."
Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
When I saw this I just hit the ground laughing. Seriosuly it is mother nature you idiot. Remember this is the same guy that says god told him we were going to have another 9/11.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:30 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by CubsFanJohn
When I saw this I just hit the ground laughing. Seriosuly it is mother nature you idiot. Remember this is the same guy that says god told him we were going to have another 9/11.
Back in the 90s, god also told Mr. Pat to run for President. Then, Mr. Pat claimed that god told him to give up campaigning.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
I cant wait till Pat finally gets caught with some Thai hooker or something, or some 23 yr old Swank or Club model hehhe
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tonywestsider
Geez, I was born in the same hospital the President was born in. The President was born after statehood. I was born before statehood. So if you follow the above logic, I can't run for President.
Your handle doesn't sound Kenyan
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by DJGMaster1
Your handle doesn't sound Kenyan
You betcha!
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Weirdest ting is that now he favours decriminalizing drug use.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...079_pat24.html
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Gay California is feeling god's wrath in the form of wildfires.

Pastor: God is burning down California because of gay people

Kevin Swanson has a history of making anti-LGBT statements. Last year, he claimed that Hurricane Harvey was a ‘punishment’ from God for Texas rejecting an anti-trans law and that public schools will turn kids into “transgender communists.”

And in 2016, he said that Girl Scouts leaders should be drowned for being too pro-gay.

“And then, in 2017, the California state schools implemented the homosexual indoctrination programme… and that was the kickoff for the biggest fires California has ever seen in its history, last year. And those fires continue in 2018.

“So God is burning down California in 2017 and 2018 after about 25 years of leading the pack to legitimise the sin of homosexuality in that state,” he concluded.
edit: whoopsy .... I just assumed that this thread was in OMNI/PR based on my search terms... guess it's probably on its way there now
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by CubsFanJohn
Remember this is the same guy that says god told him we were going to have another 9/11.
The joke is on you. There has, indeed, been a 9/11 in every year. The next one falls on a Tuesday and will be the second day of Rosh HaShanah this year.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Airports do close down due to so-called “Acts of God”, but they close down for reasons that have zippo to do with Robertson’s idea of “sin” and his wish to try to scapegoat or otherwise marginalize people considered to be “the other” by him.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Gay California is feeling god's wrath in the form of wildfires.

Pastor: God is burning down California because of gay people

edit: whoopsy .... I just assumed that this thread was in OMNI/PR based on my search terms... guess it's probably on its way there now
Just post new instead of resurrecting necrothreads. Problem solved. @:-)
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:29 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since the seven year year bump isn't really related to the thread's topic, and since this thread would have been in OMNI/PR if started today, I will close this and invite anyone who wishes to discuss the bump-topic to post in OMNI/PR instead.

cblaisd
Moderator, Travel News
DenverBrian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.