Old Apr 7, 2008, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robb
lawnmower pulls with dumbbells
What are these?
Old Apr 7, 2008, 5:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Light recovery run. Supposed to be 3 miles, I did 2.93 according to the GPS at a 7:36 pace, total time 22:19. Tomorrow will be speedwork and a good lifting session.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by annerj
What are these?
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ntOverRow.html

Is it this?
Old Apr 7, 2008, 7:18 pm

Programs: CO Silver
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Light recovery run. Supposed to be 3 miles, I did 2.93 according to the GPS at a 7:36 pace, total time 22:19. Tomorrow will be speedwork and a good lifting session.
What kind of GPS do you have? How do you like it? I may be in the market...

4 mile run on Friday in 8:16/mile plus 500m swim.

Off on Saturday.

14 mile bike followed immediately by 3.5 mile run in 8:21/mile on Sunday morning, then 500m swim in the afternoon.

5.5 mile run today in 8:30/mile.

I'm trying to get ready for a sprint triathlon, but haven't actually registered for one! My swim seriously sucks, but maybe I can make up some time in the bike/run??
Old Apr 7, 2008, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by IAH_FLYER
What kind of GPS do you have? How do you like it? I may be in the market...
I have the Forerunner 201 which is a bit dated now. I am thinking of upgrading to the new spiffy Forerunner 405, which has a new GPS chip, HR monitor, etc.

I like it, but it isn't 100% accurate. I'd put it in the 2-4% error range for any given run. Not a big deal if you just want an estimate (like when you're traveling - I find it to be very helpful for being in a new place and taking it out on exploratory runs). If you want something much more precise, I don't think the 201 will do the trick. I'll let you know about the 405 if and when I get it.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 7:22 pm

I do those, but honestly, I'm not sure it does anything.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 7:43 pm

Programs: CO Silver
duplicate

Last edited by IAH_FLYER; Apr 8, 2008 at 7:16 am
Old Apr 7, 2008, 8:04 pm

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
Yes Sorry. That's what I always called them. Although, I think it occurred to me before to translate them into their real name in the past.

Today was easy 6 miles. My stats are virtually meaningless, though, as it was the most stoplights I've ever had on a run (note to self: If may seem like fun to run through the touristy part of Hollywood, but everyone thinks it's a good place to drive, too). I stopped counting after I got to about 8 minutes of waiting at lights. I know there was at least another 90 seconds after that, but I figured it would account for any rounding errors when I adjusted for it.

Well, the run was 6 miles in 1:02, which if you deduct 8 minutes of stoplights is 9:00/mile at an average HR of 159. Doesn't seem right to me, but the extra rest makes it impossible to gauge. I also think I ended up running the rest of it harder because of the extra rest (or the frustration) as every time I looked down, I saw myself in the mid to upper 160s. I knew I was also too aggressive on hills, as my max for the run read out at 193.

I just ordered the Garmin 305 this weekend, so I'll have an insane amount of data coming soon.

Last edited by robb; Apr 7, 2008 at 8:14 pm
Old Apr 7, 2008, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robb
Yes Sorry. That's what I always called them. Although, I think it occurred to me before to translate them into their real name in the past.
No worries. It seems we all have our own personal little dictonary when it comes to most of this stuff. Probably just what the people called it who taught us. I was confused at first but when I thought about the motion of a lawn mower pull I figured that was it.

Some of the names we call different lifts
Brain Crushers
Triple Tris
Barrel Hug
Those are all I can think of right now but I know there are plenty more.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
I do those, but honestly, I'm not sure it does anything.
Its all about the squeeze and weight. When I do them I tend to do them in more of an arc (I reach forward at the end and then bring it up).

Couple similar exercise that I like a little more:
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...rLyingRow.html
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...SeatedRow.html
Old Apr 7, 2008, 8:41 pm

Brain Crushers, I assume are skull crushers (and I have NO idea what the real name of those are: lying tricep extensions?)
Barrel Hug: Cable Crossovers or some other fly motion?
No clue on triple tris, unless they are like 21s. (21s, to me, are 7 barbell curls through the lower half of motion supersetted with 7 barbell curls through the upper half of motion supersetted with 7 barbell curls through the full range of motion. Is that a similar concept to triple tris?)
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Omni Gold, Hilton Gold, *Wood Gold
Had my monster swim workout this afternoon, took about an hour and a half. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Then tonight I did core work, it took me over an hour, but I was very distracted by the NCAA game, so I only had about 30 minutes of work. I think my shoulders will be very sore tomorrow!
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:26 pm

Well, that doesn't sound very committed.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 6:11 pm

Good workout day today. Got an hour lift done in the morning and then a 6 mile run outside around the reservoir. It was my 5th day in a row of running, and I felt it a little bit, so I will take tomorrow and possibly the next day off. I screwed up in my scheduling and ran on a day I was supposed to rest. Oops.

Anyway, finished 6 miles in 43:16 or 7:12/mile pace. Felt like I was dragging but the time doesn't reflect that, which I suppose is good!
Old Apr 8, 2008, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Omni Gold, Hilton Gold, *Wood Gold
Team track workout tonight - 8x400, with 200m recovery beween.

Not a good workout. Ate my second lunch today at 2:30, and it felt like a lead brick in my stomach. The quarters were supposed to be 5-10 seconds slower than base pace (which for me would be 2:30) but I was right at 2:00 for the first 6 and then 2:15 after that. Last 2 were tough, felt super slow, but they really wern't.

Thank God tomorrow is a rest day!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.