Community
Wiki Posts
Search

destination marathons?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDILLM
Just some of my musings!! I ran Vegas two years ago and was pretty disappointed. First, it starts in the afternoon. While not a bad thing in itself, I found myself somewhat bored as I tried to figure out what I was going to do with myself for 6+ hours that didn't include alot of walking, booze, etc. The race itself wasn't bad...the first four miles and last mile was great! The middle parts through the suburbs was pretty boring. I'll skip this one from now on.

Walt Disney Marathon is FANTASTIC! One of the best marathons I've ever ran from a participant standpoint. Every single detail was thought of! Of course...you pay dearly for that wit the registration fee! Only negative is you have to be on the bus at some ungodly hour!
I will be driving from my home to DLand- about a 15 minute drive, but then will have to park in the parking structure and take the tram to the start which will take awhile, so I'm not sure what ungodly hour I will need to leave here.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Liverpool 13th-14th June

Hi,

I am heading down to Liverpool next weekend to do the rock n roll half marathon.

I do the 5k on saturday morning ( 930am start) and the half on sunday ( 930am start)

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 7, 2015, 7:27 pm

I completely forgot to post before! I did the Colfax Half Marathon (Denver) for the first time this year - I really enjoyed it. And at the end you could get fresh farmer's market veggies - best race swag ever. I fed us for a week from my bag of veggies.

TBS, best of luck in your two races (masochist much?) next weekend.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Katja
I completely forgot to post before! I did the Colfax Half Marathon (Denver) for the first time this year - I really enjoyed it. And at the end you could get fresh farmer's market veggies - best race swag ever. I fed us for a week from my bag of veggies.

TBS, best of luck in your two races (masochist much?) next weekend.
Hi,

Thanks for your good wishes. 5k is not too bad.

I did the Las vegas half two years ago and people did the San antonio half in the morning then flew on Southwest to Las to do the Las vegas one.

Las year people did the disneyland half then drove and ran the las vegas one.

That is some going!

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I just registered for the Disneyland half on September 6. Destination for most, down the street for me.
Hi,

I have entered for the Disneyland half on Sept 6 ( was not sure if I would be going to LA at that time but now am)

Will be staying at the Disneyland hotel Mon-Fri but no availability over the weekend so have to move to the Marriott anaheim.

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
I did the Las vegas half two years ago and people did the San antonio half in the morning then flew on Southwest to Las to do the Las vegas one.

TBS
Hah! Are you talking abt the RnR HM in Vegas? I was there 2yrs ago as well

Btw, the idea of 13.1-26.2 DO kindda sounds like fun.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

I have entered for the Disneyland half on Sept 6 ( was not sure if I would be going to LA at that time but now am)

Will be staying at the Disneyland hotel Mon-Fri but no availability over the weekend so have to move to the Marriott anaheim.

Regards

TBS
Awesome. I of course, am staying at my house.

What's your projected time? I'm struggling with pain in the ball of my right foot right now. :-(
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Awesome. I of course, am staying at my house.

What's your projected time? I'm struggling with pain in the ball of my right foot right now. :-(
Hi,

Hopefully do it in 1 hr 45 to 1 hr 50 mins but this will be more of a soaking up the atmosphere run rather than aiming for a pb ( personal best is 1 hr 40)

Hope your foot gets better soon!^

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Hi,

Hopefully do it in 1 hr 45 to 1 hr 50 mins but this will be more of a soaking up the atmosphere run rather than aiming for a pb ( personal best is 1 hr 40)

Hope your foot gets better soon!^

Regards

TBS
That is ridiculous fast. Is it a flat course?

Looking for a flat HM in mid-Aug. Any suggestions? Must be AA friendly destination
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carsnoceans

Looking for a flat HM in mid-Aug. Any suggestions? Must be AA friendly destination
Hi,

1 hr 40 has been done in Las Vegas ( in November) and Phoenix ( in January) both are reasonably flat courses ( Phoenix has a bit of a climb at mile 9) and were fun.

I'm not sure about August half marathons in the US (I'm based in the UK) . The rock n roll marathon series (http://www.runrocknroll.com/#findrace) has a break in august

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carsnoceans

Disney is almost completely flat. My biggest concern is that I don't run on asphalt/cement much, and that it will get hot.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:56 am

Noticing that this forum does not get a lot of action but wanted to ask here just in case...

Has anyone done the Jakarta marathon? I may combine it with a mileage run and I have a few questions if anyone knows the area or even better the marathon itself.

Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The _Banking_Scot I hope you had a good time this morning, I did! Got a 2:26, previous best (and only) half was 2:38 almost exactly one year ago. Hope the trend continues.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

I forgot to submit a proof of time so I was put in corral g but still did it in 2 hours. I loved the parks the angel stadium and the vintage cars ^
The weather was a little warmer than I am used to but pleases with my time.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:40 am

Just confirmed my mileage run (IAH - CGK) and registered for the Jakarta marathon on October 25

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.