Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

bassinet question on UA 747 aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bassinet question on UA 747 aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Question bassinet question on UA 747 aircraft

I called UA and they said there are 2 kind of bassinet,

- mounted bassinet - size 32.5 x 14.5 inches -only available to seat 36/50 DG
- freestanding bassinet - size 24 x 12 inches - available to any seat except exit rows

no bassinet in bulkhead.

Does the info sounds right??
Old Feb 14, 2006, 6:23 am

Hi,

I don't have an answer for that specific plane. However there are various types of cots for babies. There are some that can hang from the top, and those are usually available in any row. Some models are wall mounted and those require the bulkhead wall. On Lufthansa flight we were offered a wall mounted for smaller babies then a floor bed for bigger babies and htat one can only fit in bulkhead because there were more space. On some airplanes in the bulkhead you don't have more space for the legs, so it is not possible to use some of the beds. The hanging cot is usually for small babies.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
I have never seen the freestanding bassinet, but was offered this for my upcoming UA trip and decided to give it a try. If it's not useful I can always give it back for storage I suppose.

They also offer the mounted bulkhead to middle seat bulkhead I'm fairly sure. But then you're staring at the movie screen 6 inches in front of your face, and the armrests don't lift.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.