Search

Ongoing Thailand Meet a Flyertalker Thread [PRE-2015 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2009, 1:12 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Sure. I'll be solo at that point and coming from Phra Nakon area. Have anything in particular in mind? The only recommendation near me would be Chote Chitr, my other regular places not being open for lunch. However I'm game for something knew.
Chote Chitr was very good! I look forward to going again. Thanks dsquared37, it's probably still be on my to do list if we hadn't met up for an enjoyable meal.
Old May 10, 2009, 8:55 am

Programs: some
Will be in BKK 16 and 17 June and 8 July.

On 18 June I fly in C at 08:40 to SIN. I'd be happy to help someone get into the TG C lounge. Anyone flying in F that day?

On 9 July I fly in F at 12:25 to LHR and will again be happy to give someone a 'lift'. PM me if you want to meet up at the airport.
Old May 11, 2009, 1:30 am

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
May 15 landing BKK 13:30 hopefully

May 16 9 am off to Chonburi (Khow Kheow and Nong Nooch)

May 18 From Conburi direct to Airport off to Khao Lak

May 22 Khao Lak back to BKK, Evening Siam Niramit for the 10th + time

May 23 maybe back to Chonburi for the night

May 24, 25, 26 in BKK with departure around the 26 or 27...
Old May 11, 2009, 6:12 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I will just miss you, KosraeTV. I arrive on NW/DL late at night on Thursday May 21, technically 12:35 a.m. on Friday morning. Catch some zzz's, riverside breakfast, and a workout at the Pen, then up to Chiang Mai for May 22-26, my first time in Chiang Mai. From the night of May 26 through the ungodly hours of June 1, I'll be back at the Pen with Mr. Megatop.

I think RChavez is going to be around for some of this time period too. Need to confirm that so we can meet up.
Old May 11, 2009, 5:03 pm

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
I will just miss you, KosraeTV. I arrive on NW/DL late at night on Thursday May 21, technically 12:35 a.m. on Friday morning. Catch some zzz's, riverside breakfast, and a workout at the Pen, then up to Chiang Mai for May 22-26, my first time in Chiang Mai. From the night of May 26 through the ungodly hours of June 1, I'll be back at the Pen with Mr. Megatop.

I think RChavez is going to be around for some of this time period too. Need to confirm that so we can meet up.
Next time, I'm always in and out of LOS...
Old May 12, 2009, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Chote Chitr was very good! I look forward to going again. Thanks dsquared37, it's probably still be on my to do list if we hadn't met up for an enjoyable meal.
Did you get khao neow ma muang (sticky rice with mango) across the street at G. Panich?
Old May 12, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Fliar
Will be in BKK 16 and 17 June and 8 July.

On 18 June I fly in C at 08:40 to SIN. I'd be happy to help someone get into the TG C lounge. Anyone flying in F that day?

On 9 July I fly in F at 12:25 to LHR and will again be happy to give someone a 'lift'. PM me if you want to meet up at the airport.
I think I'll be there on 16 June, probably heading to HKG the next day.
Old May 13, 2009, 1:08 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Did you get khao neow ma muang (sticky rice with mango) across the street at G. Panich?
Nah, I walked by and noted it, but in the end didn't partake. Next time.
Old May 14, 2009, 9:40 pm

I am arriving in Bangkok tonight...5:30PM. Solo weekend trip.

If anyone is up for a meet either the night of May 15th or 16th let me know...send a message we can exchange phone #s and pick a meetup spot. I'll check e-mail in bangkok.

Originally Posted by KosraeTV
May 15 landing BKK 13:30 hopefully

May 16 9 am off to Chonburi (Khow Kheow and Nong Nooch)

May 18 From Conburi direct to Airport off to Khao Lak

May 22 Khao Lak back to BKK, Evening Siam Niramit for the 10th + time

May 23 maybe back to Chonburi for the night

May 24, 25, 26 in BKK with departure around the 26 or 27...
Old May 16, 2009, 9:10 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
I should be flying into BKK 23rd May afternoon and leaving 25th night. Staying at the IC and free to meet up anytime other than Saturday night.
Old May 23, 2009, 10:14 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
woohoo...... Just got my itinerary done. Get into BKK on Jul 18, and will get out on Jul 20, with dirt cheap ticket on Air Asia from Macau (arriving in HKG from SEA two days before.)

Reserved the Westin with cash and point because of the heavenly bed and great reviews, but also reserved the Plaza Athenee with the recent FT deal. Will make up my mind later...

My first time to BKK, and my first post on FT!
Old May 26, 2009, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Welcome to FlyerTalk, buschoi! Bangkok is here and waiting for you.
Old May 27, 2009, 9:05 am

Flying in tomorrow evening and leaving on the evening of June 2, staying at the Pan Pacific.
Not yet sure what days might be free, but if there's time it would be great to bump into someone.
Old May 28, 2009, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
My first trip to Asia will be solo in BKK June 6-11.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:03 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver
Arriving BKK June 18th on EK372 @ 19:00. (coming in on First, so will have already had a shower - LOL) and heading to the Conrad for the night.

Leaving on EK384 to HKG again in F class ar 13:45.

Anyone around? I will no doubt be in the very quiet piano bar int he Conrad Lobby for a few hous...

DW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.