Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai copy shops ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2007, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Thai copy shops ?

How common are copy shops in the city? Basically a place to be able to print documents from my computer. Are there many such places? Are there any that are particuarly recommended?

Thanks
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:44 pm
RKG

Originally Posted by martian
How common are copy shops in the city? Basically a place to be able to print documents from my computer. Are there many such places? Are there any that are particuarly recommended?

Thanks
I have always used the hotel business office for my copying needs. I normally just download what needs to be copied to a jump drive and use the hotel computer to send to the printer. I have been to one or two internet shops that have printers available, but have never used them.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by martian
Martian -

By "the city", I assume you mean Bangkok.

Copy shops in Thailand are a different sort of business than Internet cafes.
There are many copy shops here, but most just make copies and do photo processing, and are unlikely to offer computer printing.
So, for your computer printing, look for an Internet cafe instead of a copy shop.

Internet cafes come in two varieties:
Those crowded with young boys playing computer games.
Those without boys playing computer games.
The latter kind will be able to print anything from your computer.

Their printer may be a cheap, slow, inkjet.
Or it may be a decent laser printer, perhaps even a color laser.
Either way, the cost per page will be just a few baht.

Internet cafes with printers are everywhere in Bangkok that a foreign visitor is likely to go.
Every 4-5 star hotel has a business center, but rates at those are 5-10 times higher than the independent cafes outside.
You will find more reasonably-priced Internet cafes in all shopping malls, near every university, and throughout the business areas (such as Silom-Sathorn).

One to recommend?
With the horrendous traffic of Bangkok, the one to recommend (of just about anything), is the one closest to your location.
If you don't see at least one Internet cafe near your hotel, well, sorry, but you have made a bad choice of hotel location, and not just for that one reason.

Worst case: Get on the skytrain to Siam Square station.
There are dozens of Internet cafes in the streets between that station and Chula University.

If specific questions, you are welcome to send me email or private message.

Side note:
In some areas of Bangkok, Internet cafes are used during work breaks by the neighborhood go-go dancers.
At break time, some of the dancers walk right from their dancing stage, around the corner or across the street, into the nearest Internet cafe.
If you are there trying to do serious computer work, that can be a distraction.

-- Peter

Last edited by Peter4; Feb 5, 2007 at 12:11 pm
Old Feb 5, 2007, 8:35 am

Peter! u sure seem to know your stuff :P..especially the last part! haha
Old Feb 5, 2007, 1:24 pm

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
The Office Centre chain is the Thai equivalent of Staples or Office Depot, but I'm not sure if they offer copying services. (If you're just talking about printing out documents, just as others have said, hotel business centers or internet cafes should be good enough.)
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:19 am

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
I know this thread is really old but figured I'd post my success today after lots of fretting and searching. In Siam Square, there is a building next to the British Council tower that has multiple copy and printing shops in the basement. A super nice woman there helped me print nearly 100 pages at 1 baht per page. Now I just need to lug my busted printer around for a few more weeks.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I vote for hotel printing, too, assuming that you're a visitor staying in a hotel and not a resident. Fast, easy, convenient, and the hotel has an interest in keeping you happy, making sure that problems are resolved quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.