Reload this Page >

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: exp
Thailand Reopening: Exemption from Quarantine (TEST & GO)

Required Documents:

• A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated) with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Those previously infected within 3 months must have received 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Travelers under 12 years of age, travelling with parents or guardians, are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
  • A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling (all travelers).
  • A confirmed payment for a 1-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test.
  • An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
https://tp.consular.go.th/

Properties for day-one quarantine: https://asq.in.th/asq-bangkok-thaila...ctedItem=1+Day

TG's "rules"/form
https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ne...e-covid19.page

Form for health cert.
https://www.thaiairways.com/static/c...ificate_TG.jpg

Thai inbound covid insurance comparison site:

https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

Thanks to transpac

Print Wikipost

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:37 pm

The U.S government treats our (non-rich) citizens like crap. Experienced it several times now when I went to U.S embassies overseas with basic requests.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 7:57 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingSloth
The U.S government treats our (non-rich) citizens like crap. Experienced it several times now when I went to U.S embassies overseas with basic requests.
do you think other countries' embassies are different? there are some exceptions though, but it depends on the according embassy and not the country...
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
do you think other countries' embassies are different? there are some exceptions though, but it depends on the according embassy and not the country...
Yes, other countries embassies are different in my experience. Every western country’s embassy or consulate that I have worked with in my career has been a better experience than dealing with the US state department or commerce department employees I’ve encountered abroad. Sad to say this as an American, hopefully my experience is not the norm.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:03 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Cartoon posted by Richard Barrow: Enjoy you Phuket sandbox vacation!

estnet likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:03 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
New restrictions in Bangkok, other provinces announced

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...nces-announced

Old Jul 1, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Here we go again - anybody with just a tad of brain activity could have seen that coming... Guessing new nationwide measures next?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...d-to-provinces
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A government pandemic center spokesperson said Wednesday the number of infections could rise to 10,000 daily next week due to the more contagious Delta variant now spreading in Bangkok and beyond. @KHAosodEnglish

New Suvarnabhumi airport terminal to become Covid hospital

Authorities plan to convert a terminal at the main international airport into a field hospital as a surge in coronavirus infections that’s straining the public health system shows little sign of easing.

Airports of Thailand Plc, operator of Suvarnabhumi International Airport, has been asked to convert the newly completed terminal into a facility with an intensive-care unit, medical rooms and support for patients with mild to medium symptoms. The hospital will initially provide at least 5,000 patient beds, according to a government statement late Tuesday.

Medical facilities are already at capacity, and deaths could double by August if the outbreak doesn’t ease, Kumnuan Ungchusak, an expert in epidemiology and adviser to the Health Ministry said at a seminar last week. Most cases have emerged from Bangkok, which continues to report the most infections and deaths each day.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2144959

Thailand may have infection numbers “3-4 times higher” than government-declared total

Experts say that Thailand may have Covid-19 infection numbers 3-4 times higher than the total number declared by the government per day, according to insiders within the healthcare sector.

According to a doctor at the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services group, experts at the Private Hospitals Association meeting on Wednesday suggested that the real number of Covid-19 infections could be much higher than that being declared by the government.

“We have no idea what the total number is but it could literally be 3 to 4 times higher than what is being declared based on the statistics we have gathered at our hospitals,” the doctor said on condition of anonymity.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/29512/t...eclared-total/
Old Jul 7, 2021, 2:38 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
And meanwhile - the panic starts:

https://nationthailand.com/in-focus/40002942

If risking being put under quarantine because you were on the same flight as someone testing positive (who is supposed to be vaccinated and what now, true or false positive, does not matter), then I would imagine that is a deal breaker for most people. I for one have zero desire to visit Phuket any time soon, and I would be a domestic visitor (albeit one of those "dangerous" farangs..)...
estnet likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
And meanwhile - the panic starts:

https://nationthailand.com/in-focus/40002942

If risking being put under quarantine because you were on the same flight as someone testing positive (who is supposed to be vaccinated and what now, true or false positive, does not matter), then I would imagine that is a deal breaker for most people. I for one have zero desire to visit Phuket any time soon, and I would be a domestic visitor (albeit one of those "dangerous" farangs..)...
other media state that he was a member of a group traveling together and the other members were put into ALQ hotels
can hardly imagine that they put the whole flight in ALQ hotels...
Old Jul 7, 2021, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/The-Big-Story/Nikkei-COVID-19-Recovery-Index

Old Jul 7, 2021, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by transpac
Looks pretty worrying indeed.

Does anyone here know what the rules are for Thai citizens going abroad. My friend is Thai but studied and lived in US for years so has US citizenship (and passport). Thought it would be nice to catch up somewhere in Europe as it’s easy for me (British) and might even find somewhere for them to get a J&J jab booked.

Does anyone know what the rules would be on leaving and returning? Presume there would be a mandatory quarantine on return or does it depend on the country visited?
Old Jul 8, 2021, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
Does anyone here know what the rules are for Thai citizens going abroad. My friend is Thai but studied and lived in US for years so has US citizenship (and passport). Thought it would be nice to catch up somewhere in Europe as it’s easy for me (British) and might even find somewhere for them to get a J&J jab booked.

Does anyone know what the rules would be on leaving and returning? Presume there would be a mandatory quarantine on return or does it depend on the country visited?
Also Thai citizens have to stay 14 nights in a ASQ hotel and pay for it; it does not depend on the country they visit. The free state quarantine for Thais has been discontinued.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Does anyone here know what the rules are for Thai citizens going abroad. My friend is Thai but studied and lived in US for years so has US citizenship (and passport).
Many US states are vaccinating (mRNA) without any proof of residency. No charge.

The only US entry restriction is a negative covid test. As noted already, Thailand is mandatory 14 day quarantine (or Phuket sandbox) for everyone.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your friend entered Thailand most recently on their U.S. passport? I'm guessing, no.

Your friend would use their Thai passport when returning to Thailand?

One assumes your friend is familiar with the logistics, and issues, of using the two passports.

I think most airlines and destinations have a requirement for a negative COVID test within 72 hours.

Has your friend been vaccinated in Thailand? Some countries may have specific vaccination requirements.

The sandbox, and other schemes, require a minimum of 14 days after being fully vaccinated (J&J is acceptable, but some have been denied because of a misunderstanding regarding its single dose). I don't think that Thais returning via the sandbox from an international trip retain the same "1-shot is fine" right as they may have now when traveling domestically to Phuket?

All Thais would have to enter 14-day ASQ (quarantine) or go to a sandbox, as of today. ASQ does not, obviously, have the 14-day vaccination requirement.

Most Thais who can (visa, passport), are going to the U.S for a vaccination. If you can travel to the U.S. that might be the best place to meet, assuming the vaccination is a top goal.

There are a lot of moving parts, and I think your friend is probably in the best situation to identify the requirements?

Thailand closed its borders on 30 March 2020, and while there are a few cracks in the door (ASQ, Sandbox, illegal entry overland) and quite a few requirements, the borders remain closed. Not seeing that changing - yes, the government has mentioned a plan to open "within 120 days" (roughly estimated to be 1 Nov 2021), that "opening" will simply be pushing the door slightly ajar. It is not the opening you are looking for, waves hand.

The old days of winging off to Thailand on a whim, and entering on a 30-day tourist visa exemption, are a long way off. Maybe years.
tai4de2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.