Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

BANGKOK: empty land on Chao Praya - what will go there?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BANGKOK: empty land on Chao Praya - what will go there?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 6:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Any one of these could be the long-awaited, much-wanted, rampantly rumored aman Bangkok.
I thought its the site next to the MO .
Old Aug 15, 2011, 6:00 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by jiejie
Bangkok side. See this, esp Post 29. The parcel goes to the river and then north, you can see from the conceptual 3-D images in post 33. I expect the actual buildings, once built, will deviate somewhat from the concept, which is pretty typical.
Interesting. So if skyscrapercity forums are right, then Jumeirah will be on the Bangkok side, south of Taksin Bridge-- blocking many of the views from the Chartrium project and adding to the congestion at the hotel-boat piers.

What does that leave for the cleared lot between the Millennium Hilton and The Peninsula?

dsquared37: you're right that the Pepsi facility would not be much of a footprint to work with, and most projects along these lines in Bangkok seem to favor a decent area of grounds surrounding the towers. Still, the prime location could surely be put to better use than stacking and unstacking fizzy-drinks bottles.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Still, the prime location could surely be put to better use than stacking and unstacking fizzy-drinks bottles.
Especially if they're Pepsi and not Coke!!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

dsquared37: you're right that the Pepsi facility would not be much of a footprint to work with, and most projects along these lines in Bangkok seem to favor a decent area of grounds surrounding the towers. Still, the prime location could surely be put to better use than stacking and unstacking fizzy-drinks bottles.
From my occasional perch in the Shangri-La (very occasional) I continuously hope the Pepsi distribution center remains. The alternative is less of a view.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Not Pepsi

I don't think that the warehouses on this land (next to the Millennium) were the Pepsi distributor warehouses. For many years (and many stays in Bangkok), I have never seen any activity in or out of these buildings.

Originally Posted by dsquared37
From my occasional perch in the Shangri-La (very occasional) I continuously hope the Pepsi distribution center remains. The alternative is less of a view.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by UASPG
I don't think that the warehouses on this land (next to the Millennium) were the Pepsi distributor warehouses. For many years (and many stays in Bangkok), I have never seen any activity in or out of these buildings.
I never said anything about the Millennium. My comments, and MegatopLover's were branching off on the plot of land between Saphan Taksin and The River condo project.

That is the location where the Pepsi distribution center is.

I have no knowledge in the land adjacent to the Millennium and didn't partake in that aspect of this thread at all.

Last edited by cblaisd; Aug 18, 2011 at 7:32 am Reason: Removed snarky personal jab per the TOS
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
This land, across the ROSH and next to the Millennium, just became a large pool.
The next days ahead in Bangkok are still uncertain.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 4:23 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by UASPG
This land, across the ROSH and next to the Millennium, just became a large pool.
The next days ahead in Bangkok are still uncertain.
Is the Millenium sandbagged? Are they still accommodating guests or have the riverside hotels in that area moved people out?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:01 am

http://mypropertyblog.wordpress.com/tag/jumeirah-hotel/
Old Oct 21, 2011, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jiejie
Is the Millenium sandbagged? Are they still accommodating guests or have the riverside hotels in that area moved people out?
Not when I left earlier this week, but the situation might be different now. The ROSH seems fine as per the post on their FT board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.