Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai airways seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:48 am

I also had the problem that seat assignments were not available on the website. I was successfully reserved seats by sending an email to [email protected]. They were very helpful and responded within the hour.

BTW, they explained that when you book a flight through another airline (in my case, United award miles) the assign seat function is not available on the website.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Hmm. Last month I was able to assign seats (in biz class) on TG.com for all TG flight on my TK award ticket.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by 4allisons
I also had the problem that seat assignments were not available on the website. I was successfully reserved seats by sending an email to [email protected]. They were very helpful and responded within the hour.

BTW, they explained that when you book a flight through another airline (in my case, United award miles) the assign seat function is not available on the website.
There was a period in 2017 where seat selection was not available on line for redemptions made through UA mileage plus, but that was later fixed. Other redemption partners (such as lifemiles) weren't affected.

I recently booked a TG ticket through UA and the seat selection on the TG website worked fine. You need the specific TG PNR or booking reference (for bookings made via United there's a link in UA's manage booking page with words something like 'other airline booking references')
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:15 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
There was a period in 2017 where seat selection was not available on line for redemptions made through UA mileage plus, but that was later fixed. Other redemption partners (such as lifemiles) weren't affected.
That's interesting, because I have a redemption made late in '17 through LH M&M where I also cannot select my C seat.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I just checked my TK M&S ticket again on TH.com and seat selection (C class) was still easily accessible under "Additional services"

You will get the following warning "your request cannot be completed by the application. Please contact your travel agency or Thai Aiways office. (1017 - 3002)but just ignore it; you seat selections have been confirmed already.

Last edited by SK AAR; Jan 14, 2018 at 4:45 am
Old Feb 9, 2018, 5:32 am

deleted

Last edited by Drew Morgan; Feb 12, 2018 at 2:50 pm Reason: no longer relevant
Old May 31, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, United Nobody (Emirates Etihad Thai Air Hong Kong Air Scoot Nobody) HHonors Diamond
Just booked a W economy fare SIN-BKK (so its an international flight) but I didn't see any option to pick a seat at booking or going back in the next day. I assume seats will open up T-24 hours? Or is my W fare so cheap already I have to take what I get at check in?
Old May 31, 2019, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LATraveler1963
Just booked a W economy fare SIN-BKK (so its an international flight) but I didn't see any option to pick a seat at booking or going back in the next day. I assume seats will open up T-24 hours? Or is my W fare so cheap already I have to take what I get at check in?
You should be able to select seats. The process after booking is a little buried in the menus:

- use the THAI PNR in Manage My Booking to access your booking
- scroll down to ‘Services’ and click ‘additional services’
- then click ‘select your seats’
- select your seats, and then save (otherwise selection is lost).

You will only be able to selects seats in the rear of the economy cabin, even if you hold *G status. Also, luggage is 20kg and not 30kg for the more expensive fares.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just purchased a TG domestic J ticket (BKK-HKT) and can't select seats. I thought I had been able to do this in the past?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just purchased a TG domestic J ticket (BKK-HKT) and can't select seats. I thought I had been able to do this in the past?
Advance seat selection is not possible for domestic flights. Perhaps closer to the time with online check-in?
Kacee likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Advance seat selection is not possible for domestic flights. Perhaps closer to the time with online check-in?
It's only a few days, so I guess I'll have to be patient
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's only a few days, so I guess I'll have to be patient
Yep, advance selection is not possible and seating is allocated by a funky algorithm (or knowing TG, maybe it’s manual haha) that does actually take into account status and people travelling on the same PNR.

If the flight is not full you can change at online check-in, but if it is there is not much choice.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Yep, advance selection is not possible and seating is allocated by a funky algorithm (or knowing TG, maybe it’s manual haha) that does actually take into account status and people travelling on the same PNR.
Hmm the special TG algorithm put this *G in arguably the worst seat in the cabin (11E on a 333). I checked in just in time to move to 12A.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:55 pm

Looking for a photo(s) of Row 31 on the a380 and a330 - but none seem to be available. I'm keen to know whether they indeed have extra legroom - as not all bulkheads do!!

They look like the best seats (perhaps row 48 on the a330)

Trying to salvage some brownie points as the wife is flying in Y
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
While I don't travel in Economy nowadays apart from 1 hour flights, all seats mentioned have extra leg room as far as I know and from previous experience travelling Economy on A330. There are disadvantages depending upon the seat, aircraft such as proximity to galley and toilets but it depends on your tolerance and duration of flight. Also preference for these seats is likely to be given to passengers with status and row 31 of A330 to people with young babies/children. Sitting near the latter may be an issue. Unless you have one of the above you may have difficulty bagging one of the seats you ask about.

If you look you may find videos on youtube.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.