Thai airways seat selection

Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:59 am

Programs: royal orchid star alliance
I always fly economy with Thai....The last few trips, Ive managed to book seat 76A...for a fee of course! On my last trip (got back a week ago.) I was able to book seat 76A on the outward leg, but not on the return leg...it was showing booked? I tried booking months in advance....maybe it was because I was flying back on a Friday? Thai are getting to be a pain to book seats with now, as you have to book through optiontown...they wont let you know straightaway if youve got the seat you booked or not? They still take your money though?!
Old Mar 5, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: Thai Airways
Cheaper if you book directly with Thai. I have done it a few times to upgrade from BC to sit in 1st class cabin and directly is cheaper and instant.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by maerim
Cheaper if you book directly with Thai. I have done it a few times to upgrade from BC to sit in 1st class cabin and directly is cheaper and instant.
Sorry! I should have explained it better!

I do book on Thais website...the only trouble is, when I book economy with them, for me to get seat 76A...it involves me mailing "Optiontown", to try to get that particular seat! Its not possible to book all seats on Thais website in economy. The "reserved" economy seats, have to be booked via optiontown.....which is very frustating! As you wont know for sure if you can actually book the seat you want!
For my next trip in September...I will "treat" myself by flying business with Swiss Air and Lufthansa.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:42 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
My point is that it is not necessary to use Optiontown and if one does it will cost more. Call TG in Bangkok and arrange directly and while speaking to the staff.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by maerim
My point is that it is not necessary to use Optiontown and if one does it will cost more. Call TG in Bangkok and arrange directly and while speaking to the staff.
Ah OK!
I know what you mewn now ! (having a hectic day today!).
As it goes..Ive changed my mind today! I was going to book business with Lufthansa/Swiss...but a few hours ago..I booked economy in Thai,,,,I then contcted optiontown...to book the seats I wanted..."luckily" I managed to get the seats for both legs.

I didnt realise, one could contact Thai to book preferred seats. Im in the U.K. ...every time Ive phoned the London office.......I never seem to get much joy!

Many thanks...I will try contacting Thai directly next time....dont like optiontown!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.