Search

Overbooked flight from LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2007, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KF
Overbooked flight from LHR

Hello

Does anyone know what TG does for passengers who volunteer to be offloaded from LHR? When I flew SQ 2 years ago, it was 270 pds in cash, a guaranteed seat on the next flight, an upgrade voucher and accommodation and meals until the next flight. This is for Y.

Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2007, 4:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TG Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
If this is in LHR, then the EU rules for denied boarding applies. The compensation depends upon length of flight and hours of delays etc. I think minimum is EUR 250.00

This google search brought plenty of links.

thanks
Old Jun 29, 2007, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes the EU rules on denied boarding are applicable to this flight.

You will be able to find the rules here: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...en00010007.pdf

The compensation for denied boarding is EUR 600 in cash (not vouchers) + hotel and meals if required. TG will search for volunteers for denied boarding (VDB) rather than making involuntary denied boarding and the offer is likely to EUR 600 in vouchers. This is not contrary to the EU rules as the amount of compensation is a matter of negotiation for VDB. This also means that you could demand a higher amount in vouchers (I know that at least LH has offered vouchers of EUR 1200 for VDB on flights to Aisa) or an additional upgrade to C class, but the risk is that other pax will accept EUR 600 and therefore your seat and offer will no longer be needed.

Good Luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.