Wiki Posts
Search

Entry age to Royal Silk Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Entry age to Royal Silk Lounge?

Hey guys

My 15 year old son will be flying DEL-BKK-DEL by himself in 2 weeks, in Business Class. I was wondering if he will have any problems getting into the lounges at either end because of his age? I ask since I read a thread over at Airliners.net last week there a guy was denied acces to a CO lounge in the US because he was underage.

Any help would be most appreciated!
Old Jun 22, 2007, 6:23 am

I fly TG since I am 16 and never had problems getting in the lounges. Though that is over 12 years in the past.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 6:45 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Well I am 16 this year and had no problems getting into lounges worldwide.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 6:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
I had my son following me in lounges worldwide from the time he was 10 months old, including LH SEN and SQ KF... never been an issue at all.

F.R.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyinruddl
I had my son following me in lounges worldwide from the time he was 10 months old, including LH SEN and SQ KF... never been an issue at all.

F.R.
Well of course he wouldn't have been an issue, since he was accompanied by you. I've done the same with him countless times. But this time he is travelling by himself, and is under the legal drinking age in both ends, since I know BKK has an open bar.

Thanks for the replies though, I'm sure it won't be a problem

singaporeA345
Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I hope that he does not have any problems entering the lounges !
...I wish my parents had sent me on business class trips when I was 15 ... oh, no - now I remember: It was in First !
Old Jun 24, 2007, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rambuster
I hope that he does not have any problems entering the lounges !
...I wish my parents had sent me on business class trips when I was 15 ... oh, no - now I remember: It was in First !
Hahaha, well, he would of gone F but alas, Thai only offer J and Y on the DEL-BKK runs...

singaporeA345
Old Jun 26, 2007, 9:01 am

You only show your bording pass, and not your passport. THAI doesn't know your age.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 11:58 am

Well, recently there was someone who was refused entry to the CO lounge as he/she was under 21 and the lounge has a bar. Sometimes if the "bouncer" is strict, he/she will refuse entry. But he could always try other *A lounges.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dfs24
Well, recently there was someone who was refused entry to the CO lounge as he/she was under 21 and the lounge has a bar. Sometimes if the "bouncer" is strict, he/she will refuse entry. But he could always try other *A lounges.
Yes, that was the issue I reffered to in the first post. When we were both at the lounge a few weeks ago the "bouncer" didn't even check our BP since she was too busy on the phone...hopefully it will be like that when he passes through.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 5:47 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by dfs24
But that was in the US.........

Cheers, S
Old Jun 29, 2007, 9:23 am

Programs: TG Gold; HH Diamond
My son traveled LAX-BKK when he was 14 and 16 (last trip Dec06). He used the lounge by himself both times with no hassle. He looks more llike an adult than a kid so that may be why he had no trouble.

He did get a rough treatment by the immigration officer for not having filled out his entry/exit card correctly - again, maybe because he looked older than 14.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 9:30 am

Yea, thats in the US. In Asia it is 18. So he could still have a problem.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 9:34 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
I'm only aware of bmi having a minimum age (18?) in their Diamond Lounges.

SmilingBoy.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 10:22 pm

The Sounds of Silence

Originally Posted by flyinruddl
I am going to assume that you were a good parent and moved out of the lounge if the kid started crying or making noise.

I pay out of pocket for lounge access (and for rooms on the club floor of hotels) and a significant part of what I am paying for is an environment of adult professionals.

If a kid is quiet, fine (although I truly dislike the presence of children in adult environments). If he or she starts to squawk, I will have no compunction about asking the parent and the brat to leave and, if they refuse, I will ask security to remove them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.