Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting through BKK to JFK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2006, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL
Connecting through BKK to JFK

I will be flying on Thai air to JFK connecting in BKK in a few days. I always assumed that I could check my luggage all the way through to JFK from my departure point (KMG) since it is all on Thai air. But, as I was reading some old threads it seemed that some were saying there would be a search in BKK even though I am connecting. Does anyone know anything about this??

Thanks
Old Aug 10, 2006, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, KE Morning Calm
I fly from Hanoi to BKK to JFK frequently, and have never had any problem checking my luggage all the way through to JFK. You and your carry-on do have to go through x-ray again on the way to your gate in BKK though.

If you're connecting in JFK to somewhere else, you'll have to get your bag and clear customs in JFK, then re-check and there isn't a convenient re-check belt that I ever saw, you have to drag your bag to the counter again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.