Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Why no wine in TG's international business class lounges in BKK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2005, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG

I've been using TG's international business class lounges for 14 years. I can't recall that wine has ever been there. Lots of spirits but! I noticed a few times now that other passengers go looking for wine and even ask the lounge staff for it.

"We have Port Wine" seems to be the standard answer.

OK, I know that wine is expensive in Thailand but is it just a cost issue?

Every other business class lounge in BKK, that I've been to, has wine (QF,BA,SQ,SK ...)
Old Mar 7, 2005, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Austman
I've been using TG's international business class lounges for 14 years. I can't recall that wine has ever been there. Lots of spirits but! I noticed a few times now that other passengers go looking for wine and even ask the lounge staff for it.

"We have Port Wine" seems to be the standard answer.

OK, I know that wine is expensive in Thailand but is it just a cost issue?

Every other business class lounge in BKK, that I've been to, has wine (QF,BA,SQ,SK ...)
I have never been into the Business Class TG lounge only the F lounge, but perhaps the reason is that many Thais do not drink wine. In any case you can use any other *A Bus Lounge if flying with TG, so no reason why you cannot pop next door to the nearest bus class lounge, get a glass of wine and return to the nicer ambience of the TG lounge. I often take out a glass of wine or champagne to visit the smoking booths (although admittedly usually from the QF/BA lounge) and this isn't a problem for them.

I have found when in Thailand it is best to look for more lateral solutions to annoying little problems
Old Mar 10, 2005, 1:39 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
I was just there, but did not pay much attention to wine or beer selections since I don't really drink.

Can't recall if there was any in HKG either. I made a few trips for snacks and soft drinks.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 3:19 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I have never been into the Business Class TG lounge only the F lounge
*sigh* ... If only I could say that...
Old Mar 10, 2005, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Motion122
I was just there, but did not pay much attention to wine or beer selections since I don't really drink.

Can't recall if there was any in HKG either. I made a few trips for snacks and soft drinks.
It's avaliable in TG's HK lounge (been there many times) and in ever other country that I've boarded a TG flight. But not Thailand. Incidentally, I know many Thais who drink wine.

Last edited by Austman; Mar 10, 2005 at 7:37 pm
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Fliar
*sigh* ... If only I could say that...
Old Mar 11, 2005, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Just been to KL and wines is not in the TG lounge there either. Noticed a lot of SQ passengers in the TG lounge. I guess that's SQ, across the corridor, sending all their business class and*Golds to Thai?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.