FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why no wine in TG's international business class lounges in BKK?
Old Mar 7, 2005, 9:24 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Austman
I've been using TG's international business class lounges for 14 years. I can't recall that wine has ever been there. Lots of spirits but! I noticed a few times now that other passengers go looking for wine and even ask the lounge staff for it.

"We have Port Wine" seems to be the standard answer.

OK, I know that wine is expensive in Thailand but is it just a cost issue?

Every other business class lounge in BKK, that I've been to, has wine (QF,BA,SQ,SK ...)
I have never been into the Business Class TG lounge only the F lounge, but perhaps the reason is that many Thais do not drink wine. In any case you can use any other *A Bus Lounge if flying with TG, so no reason why you cannot pop next door to the nearest bus class lounge, get a glass of wine and return to the nicer ambience of the TG lounge. I often take out a glass of wine or champagne to visit the smoking booths (although admittedly usually from the QF/BA lounge) and this isn't a problem for them.

I have found when in Thailand it is best to look for more lateral solutions to annoying little problems